#81 penduboy

penduboy

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:43 PM

Thanks Silent Warrior

I will try it tonight and let you know.

I tried the automatic patch but didn't work. Tonight I will try the manual method and let you know accordingly.

But my worries are if I damaged my Vista in this try then how can I reinstall my Vista back. I know how to install Win XP from CD but Vista is bit different.

I bought HP Dual core and it came with Vista HP pre installed but it has Vista restore in one partition. this computer also prompted me to burn couple of DVD's for Vista which I did.

But I am not sure what to do in case my Vista get corrupted and I want to install Vista from scratch.

Regards,

Pendu

@penduboy
You don't need anything other than NonUltimateDreamScene.zip and some videos.

#82 jzky

jzky

WinMatrixian

• 182 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:33 AM

in my case, all I had to do was changing some paths. like:

Copy DreamScene.dll.mui to %WinDir%\System32\en-US\ folder, to:
Copy DreamScene.dll.mui to %WinDir%\System32\YOUR LANGUAGE\ folder.

#83 penduboy

penduboy

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

Hi

I would like to thank all of you out there. I successfully installed Dreamscene on my Vista HP and it is working like Charm.

Now, I am wondering, how we can install Deskscape on Vista HP? Is there any way to install Deskscape or we can use Deskscape movies in dreamscene.

Also what kind of movie formats we can use in Dreamscenes?

Thanks once again.

Pendu

#84 SharmanNet

SharmanNet

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,543 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:23 AM

You can't use DeskScape right now!
DreamScene supports only .mpeg and .wmv videos.

#85 Elvenone

Elvenone

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:53 PM

Is it legal?

#86 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:04 PM

Is it legal?

No

#87 penginman13

penginman13

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:20 AM

i dont know why, but that ^ made me laugh. lol. Maybe its because im so stressed, but what ever. soooooo......HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAH. K, im done

-Penginman13

#88 lepakler

lepakler

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

Hi there.
After applying the patch as instructed, dreamscene worked! However, I am not able to get to my screen saver and desktop resolution settings anymore.
Btw, I hv successfully applied this patch on my acer laptop running home premium. And foolishly, i forgot to make a backup of my registry nor a restore point before attempting it. Now I'm left with the option of restoring my laptop to factory configurations unless anyone has any solution.

#89 JJayzX

JJayzX

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:26 AM

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to upload the original 64-bit files for the people who accidentally overwritten theres and now can't do anything?

Thanks.

#90 Fraxtil

Fraxtil

Junior Software Technician

• 193 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:32 AM

Thanks Silent Warrior

I will try it tonight and let you know.

I tried the automatic patch but didn't work. Tonight I will try the manual method and let you know accordingly.

But my worries are if I damaged my Vista in this try then how can I reinstall my Vista back. I know how to install Win XP from CD but Vista is bit different.

I bought HP Dual core and it came with Vista HP pre installed but it has Vista restore in one partition. this computer also prompted me to burn couple of DVD's for Vista which I did.

But I am not sure what to do in case my Vista get corrupted and I want to install Vista from scratch.

Regards,

Pendu

@penduboy
You don't need anything other than NonUltimateDreamScene.zip and some videos.

As long as you don't misname or misplace any files, you're safe. Just follow the instructions, and if you're confused, ask us about it. :yes:

#91 mr.ratburn

mr.ratburn

New WinMatrixian

• 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

Thank you very much!!!!! Kudos to whoever wrote the instructions on manually patching it since the automated .bat file didn't seem to work very well for me. I have made some quality .mpgs and posted them on this forum. If you want them, check out my sig below.

#92 sevenalive

sevenalive

Programmer / Skinner

• 68 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

I wish they would of made an updated patch. DreamScene was updated around the end of septemeber. These files are from jan. I am sure it will provide better performance, right now its eating 1/2 my processor.

I am going to test to see if i can copy the updated ultimate dll files and see if they will still run.

#93 papashex

papashex

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:59 PM

While I do have dreamscene working on VHP (thanks to all here), I do not have the dreamscene toggle in the right click menu shown in pyro's pic. I do have 2 entries in the right click menu for the intel graphics adapter in that spot.

I have merged the non-ultimate reg file every way I can with no effect. Which entry in the non-ultimate reg file is actually for the right click extension? Could it be in conflict with the intel graphics extensions?

[url="http://imageshack.us"]Posted Image[/url]
[/quote]

#94 cbux5000

cbux5000

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 01:08 PM

Hi there.
After applying the patch as instructed, dreamscene worked! However, I am not able to get to my screen saver and desktop resolution settings anymore.
Btw, I hv successfully applied this patch on my acer laptop running home premium. And foolishly, i forgot to make a backup of my registry nor a restore point before attempting it. Now I'm left with the option of restoring my laptop to factory configurations unless anyone has any solution.

I think I'm having the same issue. I got dreamscene installed but now when I click Personalize, the window pops up for a split second and then disappears. If I try to change the desktop through the control panel I get an error message.
Any thoughts?

#95 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:11 PM

I'm using Ultimate since the beginig... I must say DreamScene is a disapointment, it takes too much CPU usage.

PS:
I will not buy a Quad-Core just to tun DreamScene, sorry.

#96 Fraxtil

Fraxtil

Junior Software Technician

• 193 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 08:00 PM

Well, DreamScene is for Vista Ultimate, then isn't this warez? :blink:

I think this patch is just loosely based upon what DeskScapes uses. Their big thing is the .dream format, patching that would be warez. The mpg and wmv formats are different.

#97 pm_41

pm_41

CS student

• 1,394 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:12 PM

I got a new computer for christmas with Vista Home Premium on it. I tried to patch, but the Command Prompt said that I didn't have enough permission to change the files. What am I doing wrong?

#98 splitfire

splitfire

WinMatrixian

• 154 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:22 PM

works with vista SP1? i used the patch but still not working

#99 jhestas

jhestas

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:31 PM

As long as you don't misname or misplace any files, you're safe. Just follow the instructions, and if you're confused, ask us about it. :yes:

I have installed it, but somehowe all my movie files have turned black!?
I noticed it first when the dremscenes where all really really black. Its so black that you cant really see anything unless its supposed to be white... I'm a bit shaky to do to much before hearing with you first! PLease help!

#100 Tech

Tech

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:34 AM

After trying the batch file didn't work for me Vista Home Premium so I did the manual replacing of the files and it worked.
for those of you newbies first dl Takecontrol from here http://www.winmatrix...=take ownership so you won't have to go trough all the bs of clicking a billion times simply to rename the files then
Download the patched DreamScene files as above and unpack to a folder.
Copy DreamScene.dll to %WinDir%\System32\ folder.
Copy DreamScene.dll.mui to %WinDir%\System32\en-US\ folder.
In Windows Explorer, navigate to %WinDir%\System32\ folder.
Right click on themecpl.dll file and take ownership, then Rename the file to themecpl.dll.original.
Copy the patched version of themecpl.dll to %WinDir%\System32\ folder.
Repeat on themecpl.dll.mui file located in %WinDir%\System32\en-US\ folder.
After taking ownership, rename the file to themecpl.dll.mui.original.
Copy the patched version of themecpl.dll.mui to %WinDir%\System32\en-US\ folder.
Create a new folder in %windir%\Web named “Windows DreamScene” (without quotes). This is the location to place all your videos want to set as DreamScene wallpaper, and can be easily configured via Control Panel Personalization applet.
Lastly, import and merge DreamScene.reg to registry. (rightclick file and click on merge)
Reboot computer.
Using DreamScene

After patching, right click on any blank space on Desktop, select “Personalize”, then click on “Desktop Background”. Under location, select “Windows DreamScene Content”, and then select a animated video you want.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!