Do you still want it?

If so I will upload it to mediafire.

YES PL0X!!! :woot:

#63 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

I have it... here are some informations...

Name:
vid1337.mpg

Resolution:
1280 x 720

Size:
23,8 MB

Is there a place where I can upload this without to register???

#64 ShamusHand

ShamusHand

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,574 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:45 PM

I have it... here are some informations...

Name:
vid1337.mpg

Resolution:
1280 x 720

Size:
23,8 MB

Is there a place where I can upload this without to register???

You could use your DeviantArt account (if you have) and uploading it under scraps or wallpapers... :whistle:

#65 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

I also have:

vid8897.mpg = 9,66 MB
(Moving flowers)

vid8899.mpg = 20,9 MB
(A river/little waterfall with moving water)

vid9899.mpg = 13,5 MB
(A sort of abstract fire effect)

vid8898.mpg = 7,56 MB
(Raindrops falling on a street)

vid1337.mpg = 23,8 MB
(Vista aurora that you asked for)

They all have a 1280 x 720 resolution. The Vista Aurora comes with DreamScene when installed from Windows Update, all the others are also from Windows Update but from an "DreamScene Content Pack"

PS:
Download them from here...

Vista Aurora (vid1337.mpg)
http://www.zshare.ne...10482698c0921c/

DreamScene Compilation
http://www.torrentpo...a...&filelist=1

Edited by Dr. Doom, 03 July 2007 - 05:50 PM.

#66 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 329 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:22 AM

I'm still having the problem of this being disabled

Posted Image

turn on windows aero theme...

go to desktop background

select windows dreamscene content on the dropdown list on 'Location'

click apply

AHH I have that same menu except I can't Enable Aero :cry: stupid graphics card (ATI mobility Radeon 9000) only has an XDDM Driver :angry: ...anyways is there anyhelp for me or do i just have to use VLC media player which i really don't want to do :unsure:

#67 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

Um, the patch isn't working for me. Even at admin level.

#68 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 329 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

ughh VLC Media player didn't even work for me i give up at getting dream scene for home premium without aero..because of my stupid graphix card :angry: <_<

#69 Master Baron

Master Baron

New WinMatrixian

• 42 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:38 AM

ughh VLC Media player didn't even work for me i give up at getting dream scene for home premium without aero..because of my stupid graphix card :angry: <_<

You can always try SSDream. It works on all Vista versions.

#70 Mojo

Mojo

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:04 PM

Hello, was wondering if anyone with 64-bit windows could kindly upload their themecpl.dll and the themecpl.dll.mui since the backups I made were overwritten when I reattempted to patch using the batch file in the package for this. Either that or, ideally someone could patch the files for the 64-bit version also.

Wasn't able to get this to work at all.

Best,
C

#71 elton

elton

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

Hello, was wondering if anyone with 64-bit windows could kindly upload their themecpl.dll and the themecpl.dll.mui since the backups I made were overwritten when I reattempted to patch using the batch file in the package for this. Either that or, ideally someone could patch the files for the 64-bit version also.

Wasn't able to get this to work at all.

Best,
C

Hi there,

Same problem for me. I have copies of the relevent files on my system from an x64 Ultimate installation, however, simply importing the files over to Home Premium does not do the trick. "Play Dreamscene" appears on the desktop right-click menu, albeit disabled, and nothing at all appears in the Customization control panel applet.

Comparing the downloadable x86 files to the original ones from a Dreamscene install shows a filesize difference, so it seems whatever modifications were made to the x86 files to enable them to work must also be applied to the x64 ones.

Anyone clued up on what to do?

#72 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 329 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:00 PM

You can always try SSDream. It works on all Vista versions.

meh i tryed it and that didn't work either :no: oh well im done tryin cuz i had to re install vista 3 times once cuz norton anti-virus slowed it down too badly ( 4 to 5 minute boot) comared to a 6 second boot so than acronis locks my vista partition and messes with it than ubuntu messed it up and now i have 2 vistas on my dual boot menu instead of one xp and one vista

#73 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:00 PM

Read the step by step instructions here.

#74 elton

elton

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:01 AM

Read the step by step instructions here.

Bump. Any takers for the job of creating an x64 patch?

#75 hlaalu

hlaalu

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:32 AM

I can;t edit files in system 32 :( says i need permission

Here are the steps to take the ownership of files...but take backup of these files for safety purposes...or just rename the files again, by removing "original" from the end of the name in case of any issues, although it should not happen.
First you will need to access an elevated command prompt, to do this:

1. Click the Start button.

2. Click All Programs.

3. Go into Accessories.

4. Right-click on Command Prompt.

5. Select Run as administrator.

6. When the UAC Prompt appears, click Continue.

Once you have your elevated command prompt, follow these steps:

In this case, i'm taking example of "themecpl.dll" file:

1. At the command prompt, input takeown /f filepath (takeown /f c:\windows\system32\themecpl.dll).

2. Press Enter on the keyboard.

3. A message will be displayed that this completed successfully.

4. Now input icacls filepath /grant yourusername:f (icacls c:\windows\system32\themecpl.dll /grant user:f).

5. A message will be displayed that this completed successfully.

You will now be able to modify or replace the file. Repeat the steps for all the files. When you are done, simply remove the permissions to keep the file secure.

when you say take ownership of all the files, what are the other files you are talking about? I tried the files that came with the patch but none of them exist in system32? And when I try to install it cant copy to two files.

#76 penduboy

penduboy

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:15 PM

Dreamscene patch for Vista Home Premium and Business works fine with me.
Here is a link its only in dutch.

Mod edit:
Update: Here is the patch (Thanks to timbertide)
Download NonUltimateDreamScene.zip and unpack the archive content to a folder.
Right click on InstallDreamScene.bat and select “Run as Administrator” to install Windows DreamScene on your non-Ultimate version of Vista. Answer “Y” to continue. You can also open elevated command prompt with administrator rights and type InstallDreamScene.bat to execute the batch script.
Restart your computer.

After installing this patch, Click Here for some HD videos for DreamScene.

Hi,

I have Vista HP. Do I need to install Dream Scenes first or should I install this patch which I tried last night but I am not sure what to do next.

When, I run InstallDreamScene.bat as Administrator, I got command prompt and then in Command Prompt there were few (15-20) command lines came up and there was an error in the end.

I don't really know what I was doing. Could you please help me which steps should I follow to make Dream Scenes working on my Vista HP.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pendu

#77 Fraxtil

Fraxtil

Junior Software Technician

• 193 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

penduboy, I think that's supposed to happen because it happened to me too, and it still works fine. For some people all you have to do is run the .bat, but other times you have to do it manually. Here are the instructions for manual installation.

1. Download the patched DreamScene files as above and unpack to a folder.
2. Copy DreamScene.dll to %WinDir%\System32\ folder.
3. Copy DreamScene.dll.mui to %WinDir%\System32\en-US\ folder.
4. In Windows Explorer, navigate to %WinDir%\System32\ folder.
5. Right click on themecpl.dll file, and click on Properties on right click menu.
6. Select the Security tab, then click Advanced.
7. Subsequenly select the Owner tab, click Edit button. Press Continue (or log in if you’re not Administrator) on any User Access Control prompt.
8. Select your Vista logon user name, then click OK button. Then click OK in any dialog window that pops up, and press OK again at Advanced Security Settings window.
9. On Security tab, click the Edit button. Press Continue (or log in if you’re not already an Administrator) on User Access Control prompt.
10. Click Add button, and click on Advanced button. Next press Find Now button, and then select your logged on user name. Press OK when done.
11. Click OK again on Select Users or Groups dialog.
12. On Permissions for themecpl.dll window, highlight your user name, and check the box next to “Full Control” under “Allow” column. Hit OK when done, and confirm any message. Click OK twice to exit from ownership taking process.
13. Rename the file themecpl.dll in %WinDir%\System32 to themecpl.dll.original.
14. Copy the patched version of themecpl.dll to %WinDir%\System32\ folder.
15. Repeat step 4 - 12 on themecpl.dll.mui file located in %WinDir%\System32\en-US\ folder.
16. After taking ownership, rename the file %WinDir%\System32\en-US\themecpl.dll.mui to themecpl.dll.mui.original.
17. Copy the patched version of themecpl.dll.mui to %WinDir%\System32\en-US\ folder.
18. Create a new folder in %windir%\Web named “Windows DreamScene” (without quotes). This is the location to place all your videos want to set as DreamScene wallpaper, and can be easily configured via Control Panel Personalization applet.
19. Lastly, import and merge DreamScene.reg to registry.
20. Reboot computer.

If it works, the next time you right-click on the desktop you will see a grayed-out menu button that says "Pause Windows DreamScene". Click "Personalize", then "Desktop Background", and then select whatever video you want.

#78 Culprit

Culprit

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

• 817 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

nice thanks for the link installiong now

#79 penduboy

penduboy

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

Hi Gforce20

Thanks for your prompt reply. But I can't see that "Pause Dream Scene" in my right click menu. Do I need to install Dream Scenes before installing this patch because I don't have dream scene installed on my machine. Or this patch will install Dream Scene and also patch that.

Regards,

Pendu

penduboy, I think that's supposed to happen because it happened to me too, and it still works fine. For some people all you have to do is run the .bat, but other times you have to do it manually. Here are the instructions for manual installation.

1. Download the patched DreamScene files as above and unpack to a folder.
2. Copy DreamScene.dll to %WinDir%\System32\ folder.
3. Copy DreamScene.dll.mui to %WinDir%\System32\en-US\ folder.
4. In Windows Explorer, navigate to %WinDir%\System32\ folder.
5. Right click on themecpl.dll file, and click on Properties on right click menu.
6. Select the Security tab, then click Advanced.
7. Subsequenly select the Owner tab, click Edit button. Press Continue (or log in if you’re not Administrator) on any User Access Control prompt.
8. Select your Vista logon user name, then click OK button. Then click OK in any dialog window that pops up, and press OK again at Advanced Security Settings window.
9. On Security tab, click the Edit button. Press Continue (or log in if you’re not already an Administrator) on User Access Control prompt.
10. Click Add button, and click on Advanced button. Next press Find Now button, and then select your logged on user name. Press OK when done.
11. Click OK again on Select Users or Groups dialog.
12. On Permissions for themecpl.dll window, highlight your user name, and check the box next to “Full Control” under “Allow” column. Hit OK when done, and confirm any message. Click OK twice to exit from ownership taking process.
13. Rename the file themecpl.dll in %WinDir%\System32 to themecpl.dll.original.
14. Copy the patched version of themecpl.dll to %WinDir%\System32\ folder.
15. Repeat step 4 - 12 on themecpl.dll.mui file located in %WinDir%\System32\en-US\ folder.
16. After taking ownership, rename the file %WinDir%\System32\en-US\themecpl.dll.mui to themecpl.dll.mui.original.
17. Copy the patched version of themecpl.dll.mui to %WinDir%\System32\en-US\ folder.
18. Create a new folder in %windir%\Web named “Windows DreamScene” (without quotes). This is the location to place all your videos want to set as DreamScene wallpaper, and can be easily configured via Control Panel Personalization applet.
19. Lastly, import and merge DreamScene.reg to registry.
20. Reboot computer.

If it works, the next time you right-click on the desktop you will see a grayed-out menu button that says "Pause Windows DreamScene". Click "Personalize", then "Desktop Background", and then select whatever video you want.

#80 The Silent Warrior

The Silent Warrior

Got Orange Stars?

• 2,574 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:18 PM

@penduboy
You don't need anything other than NonUltimateDreamScene.zip and some videos.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!