DreamScene Patch (hack) for Vista Home Premium and Business

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
216 replies to this topic

#181 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:32 AM

Would this 'page failed to load' problem go away if i bought an ultimate upgrade disk?

It depends whether it fixes the themecpl.dll file. Try a system restore, and restore back to a date before it happened. And if you did upgrade to Ultimate, you wouldn't need this hack.

#182 kwood129

kwood129

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:40 AM

I was having the same problem with the page failing to load. I tried it several different ways and it just wouldn't work. If you don't have any other modified files then you might want to try the "sfc /scannow" option. I just tried this and not only did it fix the problem it finally allowed dreamscene to work. Hope this helps.

#183 hoosiercub

hoosiercub

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:19 AM

Would this 'page failed to load' problem go away if i bought an ultimate upgrade disk?

It depends whether it fixes the themecpl.dll file. Try a system restore, and restore back to a date before it happened. And if you did upgrade to Ultimate, you wouldn't need this hack.

Thanks, although, unfortunately I have no system restore points as I attempted this mod the DAY I got the computer, but I have a friend whom upgraded to Vista Ultimate and gave me the themecpl.dll file, Dreamscene no longer works, but I have my personalization menu back and I've been experimenting with other means of acquiring the same effect on my desktop. I still plan to upgrade to ultimate when i have the money to do so. Thanks again.

#184 xXemolieswithinXx

xXemolieswithinXx

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:36 AM

ok, i got it properly instaled on my vista business... but when i tried applying the videos.. they appear in a pinkish tint and remains static.. see the screemshot below"

Posted Image

to double check my codecs.. i tried playing the wmv files seperately and everything else appears right?!

what's wrong?

I think I have the same problem... after applying the patches I have access to dreamscene on my Vista Home Premium but all .wmv file are not static but totally green in the desktop :cry:
see below :

Posted Image

Of course, playing wmv files separately working fine...
What's the matter with it ?

Did your computer ever crash?
because i had that same problem and like 1 minute late after UBER laggyness it crashes...
i had to go in to safe mode to fix that.....

#185 davor

davor

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:44 PM

how to uninstall this patch?

(i cant use system restore - no restore points from last bsod :()

#186 Razor VinT

Razor VinT

tech savvy

• 2,164 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

Read Post #122 and Post #127 on the 9th page for uninstalling this patch.
Direct link to the post.

#187 adam6455

adam6455

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:38 AM

Hello all :)

Im have problem witch program DreamScene im instal DreamScene and can change my deskop wallpaler. Im click rigcht mouse on deskop and take opcion personalize and see page one can not load the side for pl= ''Nie można załadować strony''. How to repair this problem??????.

My screen shot

Please help me. Sorry for my englisch.

I greet the Adam.

#188 b00gieMan

b00gieMan

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

tried all possible ways but i cant install it on my Home Premium????

...please Help...TIA

#189 adam6455

adam6455

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

Im run batch file form administrart rigcht click mouse and prees any key to cointune after instal rebot windows and right clicl on my deskop perosnalize lage page one can not load the side look my screen shot. Damm how to change deskop, screensaves and others? :(

#190 Gamerfan

Gamerfan

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:55 PM

Does this have a virus???

#191 b00gieMan

b00gieMan

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:36 AM

I believe the patch is not coded properly as yet..

..ppl are hardly able to install and run the patch successfully! and even for the ppl who are able to are facing some problem or the other!

...nice efforts and thanks for tht, but sadly all is waste this way :(

#192 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:57 AM

Direct link to the post.

Read please, this should fix your "cannot load" problems on your personalize menu.

Anyway, if you really want an alternative, use Villain's xDesk2

or upgrade to Ultimate :)

Click here for xDesk

Edited by StickwithXP, 13 October 2008 - 11:57 AM.

#193 adam6455

adam6455

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

Direct link to the post.

Read please, this should fix your "cannot load" problems on your personalize menu.

Click here for xDesk

Im unistall delete files and download .reg file + rebot don't work, still same see Nie można załadowac strony....??

Im need themecpl.dll file orginal who can upolad the file? Maybe fix my problem.

Edited by adam6455, 13 October 2008 - 05:49 PM.

#194 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:09 PM

(Y) Very Cool Thx alot (although i already have Ultimate, but i can tell may friends about it). Btw, any patch for Tinker? Thx :D

#195 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:17 AM

Direct link to the post.

Click here for xDesk

Im unistall delete files and download .reg file + rebot don't work, still same see Nie można załadowac strony....??

Im need themecpl.dll file orginal who can upolad the file? Maybe fix my problem.

From reading your signature, you have Home BASIC

It doesn't work on Home Basic, only Home premium and Vista Business.

#196 Stash

Stash

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:03 AM

Hey ppl,
My first post here, So HiYa All :D

I got this hack to work great apart from, When i minimise a web page for example, the dreamscene has stopped/paused and i have to go back to personlise and choose it again or another one to get movement again.
i would appreciate alll/any help/advice.
TIA :D

#197 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:43 AM

There are two hacks on the first page. Are you using the Razorblade's one or the simple one?

#198 adam6455

adam6455

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

Direct link to the post.

Click here for xDesk

From reading your signature, you have Home BASIC

It doesn't work on Home Basic, only Home premium and Vista Business.

lolz man Ok. Im read post 122 and 127 reading post.

But how to fix page?

im delete files form system32\ DreamScene.dll, themecpl.dll, themecpl.dll.mui, DreamScene.dll.mui later open Uninstall_DS.reg click Yes and Ok + rebot vista= How to Fix???? ...

#199 Stash

Stash

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

There are two hacks on the first page. Are you using the Razorblade's one or the simple one?

Im using the Razor one.

After a little searching i think it could be the format, Mpeg seems to be ok and Wmv is causing the head-ache.
Id be interested in your thoughts though.
TIA :D

#200 Razorblade

Razorblade

New WinMatrixian

• 29 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:49 PM

Hi there! :alien:

Gamerfan and b00gieMan, it doesn't have a virus (my original release, of course. I don't know if anyone has modified it and is trying to cheat people), and it is well coded.

The thing is that it's only for the English version of Vista, and if you have Vista Business you need to install proper codecs for MPEG, WMA, ...
And it is not for Vista Ultimate.

I don't say that my release is the best one (maybe .bat installing is ugly), but it's a really good one because I managed to make it work on x64, it uses the latest version of DreamScene.dll (SP1), and it doesn't modify themecpl.dll unlike previous patches.

So...

adam6455, if you want I could send you the Polish version of DreamScene.dll.mui , because it's what you need. But I'm not sure if it works on Vista Basic (without Aero and so on..).

b00gieMan, I would need more information about your problem.

Stash, maybe it's a codec problem.

-------------------------------------------------

About Tinker game..... Hold'Em Poker was easy to patch (like DreamScene), but atm I find Tinker hard for me. I hope somebody achieves it.

:)

Edited by Razorblade, 15 October 2008 - 07:52 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!