• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ciz4cookie

ciz4cookie

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:05 AM

Hi There: I hope someone can help me. I have Windows Media Player 11 and for some reason, my DVD's won't play surround sound. I have a Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound System that plays my MP3s just fine, but not my DVD's. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone help?

2nd: Not only my audio isn't set up the way that I would like, but when I try and adjust the video settings it won't allow me to. Can anyone help with this too?

Peace...

~Cookie~ ;)

#2 _deXter_

_deXter_

The Lord of the Scripts

• 306 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:58 AM

For surround sound etc while playing DVDs, you need to install the AC3Filter.

And exactly what video settings are you trying to change and how?

Btw, did you try GOMPlayer? It play everything out-of-the-box and has all the features that you'd expect in a professional player.

#3 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:58 PM

yeah, use GOMPlayer.

#4 ciz4cookie

ciz4cookie

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

For surround sound etc while playing DVDs, you need to install the AC3Filter.

And exactly what video settings are you trying to change and how?

Btw, did you try GOMPlayer? It play everything out-of-the-box and has all the features that you'd expect in a professional player.

:) Hi Dexter: Thanks for the quick response.

I will try downloading AC3Filter as you suggested and see if that helps. Additionally, I will also try out GOMPlayer. I am up for using anything that works!

In regard to video settings, I went to Enhancements / Video Settings / and tried to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation. It is on a slide bar. It won't allow me to make a any changes. When I slide the button over it jumps back to the middle / centre (balanced) positon.

Now that I have your attention Dexter ;-) - wmpvis.dll which is the file that holds windows media player musical colors visualization isn't working properly on my home computer. I have WMP 11 at work, WinXP Professional and it works fine. When I recently reinstalled the software for WMP 11 at work, musical colours was there automatically.I burned the file to disk and brought it home and installed it on my computer. My home computer has WinXP Media Center Edition 2005 and didn't have this visualization when I recently installed WMP 11. I have no idea why? After installing the file as it stated to do so in another forum, as well as giving me text to type into my Run command on the start menu to change the file path so that WMP 11 recognizes the file, miraculously I now have Musical Colors on my player. The only difference is that it doesn't view in Full Screen mode like all my other visualizations. I have a 22inch flat screen and when I play this visualization it is all crammed over to the left hand side of the screen, even in full mode, but just without the playlist displayed. Any ideas what to do? Thanks again...You're the best. :woot:

#5 _deXter_

_deXter_

The Lord of the Scripts

• 306 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

Just a question, when did you download wmp11? After the 'final' was released, around 3 new builds came out. If you're not sure, just download the latest version, install and check.

Also, it'd help to update your MCE first (using windows update) before you install the latest WMP.

#6 ciz4cookie

ciz4cookie

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:59 PM

Just a question, when did you download wmp11? After the 'final' was released, around 3 new builds came out. If you're not sure, just download the latest version, install and check.

Also, it'd help to update your MCE first (using windows update) before you install the latest WMP.

:huh: Hi Dexter: Good question. I reinstalled WMP 11 3 weeks ago at home and only 2 weeks ago at work. I always do my Automatic Updates. :whistle: So.... I'm not sure what else I can do from here. Any ideas? ;)

#7 _deXter_

_deXter_

The Lord of the Scripts

• 306 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:05 PM

Reinstalled or redownloaded? Did you try uninstalling fully and then reinstalling?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!