Photo
- - - - -

Does Playstation 3 play DVDs and old PS games?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:59 AM

I just got a PS3 and was wondering if it plays DVDs and old PS3 games? Do I need to buy something to make it play DVDs? Because putting it in doesn't do anything. Also, this is the most weirdest cool system I've ever known. LOL! Took me a minute to figure out how to power it. I like the finger sensor control for ejecting disc and powering on the system.

LOL! I had no clue the PS logo was a button. Sorry people! It's late and I'm working with a PC, Windows Phone, Preparing a new laptop and Figuring out the PS3.

Thanks for the link Neutron Nine :)

Edited by yanike, 22 March 2007 - 06:14 AM.

#2 Neutron Nine

Neutron Nine

The One

• 1,871 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:08 AM

PS3 Backward Compatibility List

#3 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:53 PM

Having a PS3 benefited me more than I thought. I now have a usb cable to sync my windows mobile with my PC. I like the PS3 controllers more now :)

Edited by yanike, 22 March 2007 - 08:53 PM.

#4 Lyrad

Lyrad

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:19 PM

I am going to buy a playstation 3 and i would like to know if it plays playstation 2's games and if it plays original dvds and copied dvds

#5 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:20 PM

from what i have been told, you want to look for the version 2 on ebay, it has the highest success rate with the ps 1 & 2 games.

#6 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:10 PM

I am going to buy a playstation 3 and i would like to know if it plays playstation 2's games and if it plays original dvds and copied dvds

Yes! PS3 does play old versions of PS games and plays original and copied dvds. Make sure you hook your internet up to the PS3 and update it with it's latest updates to stay up-to-date.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!