• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:58 PM

Windows DreamScene is a utility that allows videos to be used as animated desktop wallpapers. It is one of the Windows Vista Ultimate Extras (you can get it from Windows Update if you have Windows Vista Ultimate). When you maximize a window or play full screen games, videos pause to save the cpu and graphics card power. ;)

How to install DreamScene
Open Windows Update and Check for Updates. Under the Ultimate Extras, check the Windows Dreamscene option and hit Install. After rebooting your PC, right click on the desktop and select Personalize. Click Desktop Wallpaper, browse and select the video and hit OK.

DreamScene Patch for Windows 7 and Vista Home Premium / Business
This patch will allow you to use Windows DreamScene in Windows 7 & Vista Home Premium and Business editions.
:bulletorange: DreamScene Patch for Windows 7 (14 January 2009)
:bulletorange: DreamScene Patch for Windows Vista
:bulletgreen: Video Tutorial :new:

DreamScene Alternatives (For Windows XP and Vista Non-Ultimate)
These are some free programs to replace DreamScene, or for using DreamScene videos as wallpapers on Windows XP or Windows Vista non-ultimate editions.
:bulletorange: AndreasV's Desktop Effects
:bulletorange: xDesk 2 - Dreamscene Replacement :new:
:bulletorange: Video as wallpaper with VLC player

Here are some links for those who are looking for HD videos for Windows DreamScene:
Updated on May 27, 2008
> More Windows Dreamscene Videos
> New DreamScene videos from Microsoft :new:
> Vista DreamScenes (.wmv format) :new:
> 10 Crysis video-clips pack for Dreamscene :new:
> Matrix Falling Code DreamScene | Matrix code, HD, .wmv (not .dream) :new:
> Mac OS X Style Theme Windows Vista DreamScene Desktop Background Video :new:
> Nature Dreamscene Videos
> DreamScene Videos uploaded on RapidShare
> Great Source of Windows Vista Dreamscene Videos
> Microsoft Silverlight DreamScene "Dusk" Moving Wallpapers
> Aurora and Bliss for DreamScene
> Windows DreamScene Content Pack now available
> Glowing Vista Orb and Waterfall Videos (Two new videos released my Microsoft on Sep 25 2007)
> Tropical Ocean Waves (HD 1080p) :new:
> A few more links

How to create Animated Wallpapers for Windows DreamScene

Keep checking Vista Customization forums for more DreamScene videos.

Stardock DeskScapes
Stardock DeskScapes extends Windows DreamScene with the ability to run .Dream animated wallpapers. .Dream files can be looped video, or dynamically generated in 3D, or change based on a set of triggers. DeskScapes is free and requires Windows DreamScene to be installed. Non-Ultimate users can download DeskScape Preview (demo) version from here

:bulletorange: Download DeskScape
:bulletblue: Download Dreams (animated wallpapers)
:bulletgreen: A Guided Tour of Stardock DeskScapes

You can make your own .dream files (animated wallpapers) for DeskScape with Dream Maker

#2 zoomonster

zoomonster

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:52 AM

does this work with vista home basic??

#3 timbertide

timbertide

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,317 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:12 AM

does this work with vista home basic??

No because DreamScene requires Aero to be enabled but you can use VLC method to play video on desktop.

#4 zoomonster

zoomonster

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

i have areo enabled in my basic already can i still use this?

#5 spoondude

spoondude

In pursuit of Home Premium!

• 196 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:48 AM

i have areo enabled in my basic already can i still use this?

Me too but I doubt we are eligable. <_<

#6 SharmanNet

SharmanNet

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,543 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

^
I think you enabled the Vista Standard Theme which looks like Aero, but without glass effect.

#7 hlaalu

hlaalu

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:00 AM

Im still having trouble installing this patch on vista home premium... I followed all the instructions (I think), but when I right click and go to personalize and background there is no option for dreamscene. So I'm guessing its not installing correctly? I have restarted the computer too.

#8 Piotr

Piotr

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:32 AM

I found a free wmv video on the net that looks awesome as a dreamscene background. Go to: E-Spaces and download the E-spaces Animated Backgrounds Show Reel in wmv format and try it as a dreamscene background. Here is another awesome Dreamscene video that I got from gmanvideo.com and converted it into MPG format to be playable in Dreamscene. It has a star design going in a circular motion with light coming out. Go to:Glowing Stars,and download it. Here is nice flying through space dreamscene that I found on the net. It is in mpg format. Go to: Flying Through Space and download it. Enjoy.

#9 Fraxtil

Fraxtil

Junior Software Technician

• 193 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:27 PM

Might want to add this link.

#10 Culprit

Culprit

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

• 817 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

Im still having trouble installing this patch on vista home premium... I followed all the instructions (I think), but when I right click and go to personalize and background there is no option for dreamscene. So I'm guessing its not installing correctly? I have restarted the computer too.

im having the same problem can someone help me

#11 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

Drake

• 1,212 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

@Culprit
Have you read this post? You have to first take ownership of the system files before replacing them.

#12 mr.ratburn

mr.ratburn

New WinMatrixian

• 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:22 PM

Hey Jatin, I'm wondering if you could add my two videos posted right here on this forum to your roundup. The links are on my sig. Also, if you can, can you put "by Mr. Ratburn" somewhere there? That would be great.

#13 David562

David562

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:40 PM

Dremescene patch works too on home basic!!!!

#14 jhestas

jhestas

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:48 PM

Hi, I have now installed the patch on my home premium vista.
I had to do it manually.
First off, it works! my wallpaper is now moving.
There is only one problem that I hope someone here can help me with. The dreamscenes are all black and white, mostly black.. realy realy dark..
All my videos have gone black to! I can view them and the sound is ok, but they have all gone into black and white!? Does this have anything to do with dreamscenes? On the movie icons, they all look normal with colours but when i play them they just turn black.. I can see files in winamp 5,51 mostly all videofiles are normal but in any other program its black. I use media player classic and k-lite codec pack.
I realy need som help, i dont know what have happened and it's frustrating not being able to watch movies.

any help will be greatly appreciated
Please help!
jhestas

#15 abrigo74

abrigo74

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:41 PM

i dont have the option of ultimate extras can someone help me. i already installed the patch.

Hi, I have now installed the patch on my home premium vista.
I had to do it manually.
First off, it works! my wallpaper is now moving.
There is only one problem that I hope someone here can help me with. The dreamscenes are all black and white, mostly black.. realy realy dark..
All my videos have gone black to! I can view them and the sound is ok, but they have all gone into black and white!? Does this have anything to do with dreamscenes? On the movie icons, they all look normal with colours but when i play them they just turn black.. I can see files in winamp 5,51 mostly all videofiles are normal but in any other program its black. I use media player classic and k-lite codec pack.
I realy need som help, i dont know what have happened and it's frustrating not being able to watch movies.

any help will be greatly appreciated
Please help!
jhestas

i just recently had this problem and what i did 2 fix it was just download a driver update for my gpu and that fixed it. hope it helps u

#16 azn_xxxd

azn_xxxd

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:18 PM

Hey guys, i really need help!!!!!

Ok i got AMD 64 Dual 2.5Ghz, 2gb ram,1tb hard drive and the Display is GeForce 6150Se nForce 430 Intergrated with 900MB of memory.
Sounds healthy right, but how come i using this Dream Scene for awhile( more then 5 minutes) and then my comp shuts down without any WARNING . Its like some one pulling the power cord plug out.

It happens everytime i using Dream Scene or playing the game called Combat Arms

Any ideas guys, is it the graphic card bad, or do i need to buy another graphic card ?

Thanks

#17 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

azn_xxxd check the temp of your GPU. Do you have the latest drivers?

#18 azn_xxxd

azn_xxxd

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

azn_xxxd check the temp of your GPU. Do you have the latest drivers?

Yeah i checked the temp, it was cool. Nothin wrong with the temp and yes i did download the lastes drivers.
I did check everything. Lol but couldnt still figure it out man. Any ideas guys ?

#19 xXemolieswithinXx

xXemolieswithinXx

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:46 PM

hey....do any of you guys have a download link for the Default DreamScene Video?
please??? :D

and if you need to kno i downloaded the DreamScene Patch for Windows Vista Home Premium

#20 vistamanv

vistamanv

New WinMatrixian

• 18 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

:yes: :yes: :yes: For more dreamscenes like Azul 3D, Blissful Dream, White Lotus, etc., see following thread...
PREMIUM DREAMSCENES WITH PREVIEW AND RAPIDSHARE LINKS

Edited by vistamanv, 02 December 2008 - 08:33 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!