Photo
- - - - -

Will you buy Mac?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you buy Mac if you have money? (85 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you buy Mac if you have money?

1. Yes (67 votes [32.68%])

Percentage of vote: 32.68%

2. No (138 votes [67.32%])

Percentage of vote: 67.32%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#41 Niko

Niko

New WinMatrixian

• 19 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:22 PM

NO, but...

MAC works like 90% better than a PC with Windows. u can open hundreds of apps, programs, whatever and runs fine. MAC's keep perfectily the resources. This summer I used a MAC for a couple of days and I was truly surprised. If I remember correctly it was a 800 Mhz with 128 mb of RAM. And I opened thousands of apps at the same time and the comp still running perfect. If I open the same apps (photoshop -with huge images, around 35 mb- internet, MSN, video editor, etc, etc) in my P4 2,4 Ghz and 256 RAM it would crash (ok, windows will crash ;) )
but the 'MAC use', I mean, navigation trught windows, folders, whatever its simply horrible its chaothic. Also the one-button-thingy makes the things worst. Actions that in windows are so simple, like changing the desktop wall, moving tru opened apps, etc, in MAC have no sense. I mean, its like walking more to go to a point in front of you...
Even, a lots of program/games/etc appear late, or they never appear in MAC (if I had a mac I couldnt play Half-Life 2...argghhhh)
In resume: If I had to work on 'pro' desing or similar i'll use MAC, but for home envoiriment, is so much better W$

Windows is more simple, very intuitive (even old ppl can use it) very (or fully) customizable, but... it runs creepy.

[EDIT]
ok, sorry 4 all gramatical errors and bad-placed-words or wathever, but now im tired and i dont want to search in a dictionary...just try to undertand it :D

Edited by Niko, 05 January 2005 - 11:25 PM.

#42 AppleXY

AppleXY

Apple - The only way to describe quality

• 763 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:14 AM

yea.. Niko's correct, mac works better than windows, in mulit-tasking; i ran 20 tabs of Safari, big photoshop images (1024x768 most of them) and adium; word in the background; and iTunes to wash it all of.... no lag... none wat so ever!!! but in Customization *no offence, i don't usually say this* sucks... but Mac OS X Tiger will have more improvements.

The Top reasons to get a Mac

>> It doesn't crash! (unlike window$ :lol:) you could run loads of apps, and it won't lag (or not that much) its based on UNIX ; which bussinesses use for mission-critical stuff. If one program stuffs up (usually garageband; i quit unexpectly :lol: ) it doesn't do anything to the rest of OS. click on the app in the dock and press "Force Quit".

>> Its beautiful.... No one can argue with that! :P You guys here wanna customize your pc to a mac to the max. The Hardware is beautiful to... you don't have buy one of those cool looking, AlienWare Pc, or cases; each mac has a brillant case, standard. But if you wanna save the trouble of customizing your PC to a MAC; and don't wanna kill those mem resources.. get a mac.

>> (This may not apply to all of you) but it connects to the the net; like a dream. I have OptusNet DSL (which doesn't support macs {in tech support, i think} :angry: ) but when I plugged it in; when to the assitant; it did all of me.. all I had to is plug; click... and thats it!!

>> Its excellent if your doing Pro work; it is... if you do Programming and/or graphics,music etc; you'll think mac is a godsent :D I ran Xcode (c, objective-c, java,c++ editor) and Photoshop w/o hassles!!!!

>> and that One-mouse thing.. wtf??? sirously... wasn't that the past.... like ancient? Apple have made two button mouse ages ago!!! they relased a bluethooth wireless mouse recently also. Plug in you usual mouse to USB ports... work like a charm..

Some extract from the site

>> Works with pc's; Standards let everyone work together harmoniously. That’s why Apple has adopted so many of them. Take networking. Networking on a Mac is built on the same technologies used by PCs. As a result, the Mac is at home on PC networks (or just about any other kind), making the business of sharing files and printers with PCs entirely painless. And in Mac OS X you don’t have to be a network administrator to make it all work. What’s more, Gigabit Ethernet is built in. As is support for 802.11 wireless, so you can network without cables inside your house using AirPort or another wireless access point. Of course, you can also swap files via data CD, floppies or Zip disks. And most new peripherals connect via USB or FireWire (two other industry standards), so you can use them with either PCs or Macs.

>> The mac it just works; Ask them — the millions of people who use and love their Macs — why it’s become such an integral part of their lives, and most will tell you that it’s because it just works. Letting them do what they want to do. How they want to do it. Intuitively. And there’s good reason. Only with a Mac do you find absolutely flawless integration of hardware and software. Only with a Mac do you get an operating system built by the same people who built the computer it runs on. Take a Mac out of its box, and you experience that hand-and-glove fit from the get-go. Plug it in. Turn it on. And you’re ready for anything. That’s because with a Mac, you’ll find all of the essentials built right in. USB. FireWire (IEEE 1394). Ethernet. Modem. Macs even come with built-in antennas for wireless networks. And every Mac comes with drivers for most of the printers, joy sticks, DV camcorders, keyboards, storage devices, digital cameras, input devices, MP3 players and game pads you’ll be connecting to those ports. So when you plug them in for the first time, they’ll just work, too.

That concludes about it about now :lol: :P

check this website for more info::

http://www.apple.com/switch/whyswitch/

#43 aleandro

aleandro

wanabe artist

• 621 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:52 AM

For the windows bashers...lol if XP was aimed at the same computer base as mac it would be much better. OS-X might look and run great but really we all know that most power pc are just way to powerful for everyday use. Even the cheapest G5 is a wild horse.
Macs are great for professional and people who just want to do much more stuff than using word and surfing the net. Windows is not so bad the home edition of xp sucks in comparison to the pro version. Also it looks like MS is going down another way with longhorn which might be the best OS on any platform yet. I am running XP home on my laptop and its kinda slow mainly because there is not enough mem,my desktop which is running win 2k and which has a slower athlon xp runs much better than my laptop.
Anyways I love windows and it will always be my first choice ,but I would get a mac just to try it and because of the exclusive softwares.

#44 Psychopulse

Psychopulse

Active WinMatrixian

• 324 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:31 AM

Yes.

...and I will, as soon as I'll get enough money :D

#45 giuliame

giuliame

Using Powerbook night and day

• 626 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:35 AM

Well, I like Windows XP. I've been using PCs since I was 13 - so that's more than 10 years - and I went through all Microsoft operating systems since then. XP is the best of them. BUT - there is always a "but" :P - then, three months ago came Apple Powerbook and things were all suddently different.
I like XP, but in 10 years of being a PC user (crashes are countless...) I've never been as happy, amazed and satisfied as I've been in the last three months with my Powerbook. ;)

#46 Neofall

Neofall

Matrixian

• Elites
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 05:47 AM

Well I know Apple is better but I love Windows XP

#47 Aqua Structure

Aqua Structure

long-time listener, first-time caller

• 1,595 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:39 AM

I have my 12" iBook now. I'll never go back again.

#48 AppleXY

AppleXY

• 763 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:55 AM

oh yeah forgot to mention

@'deeznutz' - I know you rock :P, coz you defend mac, and you like/love it :lol: :yes:

but don't bag Gates, to great extend like that; because he high-paying donator; and helps in the money wise of things... like $486M to this disease, I think..

Bag Ballmer instead! :lol:

#49 Integrated System

Integrated System

What?

• 1,820 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:52 PM

No!

#50 austinhavican

austinhavican

WinMatrixian

• 60 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:53 PM

i'm going to buy my girlfriend the macmini. it is tooooo cool. even pc users have to admit.
AUSTIN

#51 lynchknot

lynchknot

New WinMatrixian

• 19 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:41 PM

No. This makes me drool I can load many apps as well (with a gig of ram) and do all day.

Edited by lynchknot, 12 January 2005 - 10:48 PM.

#52 sourcer*****

sourcer*****

I make fun for fun!

• Elites
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:30 AM

hell i want a Macmini :))

#53 The Fame

The Fame

WinMatrixian

• 103 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:46 AM

i like the look of MAC's but i dont think i would use one at home. maby at work/college

FUNNY VID ABOUT MAC'S

http://www.matt-prin...MAC VID/mac.wmv

:D

#54 alphatonic

alphatonic

WinMatrixian

• 127 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:02 PM

NO never! :no:

Well i had a mac! But i sold it on ebay because my windows pc is much better (faster, compatible with games like half-life 2 and more stable than my mac was) :rolleyes:

PS.: Sorry for my bad english im german! :whistle:

#55 AppleXY

AppleXY

• 763 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:03 PM

I know this a bagging one about apple.

But I'm gonna find something dissing about ms!

So don't worry mac lovers! :P

(i'll d/l that vid tomoro)

#56 alphatonic

alphatonic

WinMatrixian

• 127 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:17 PM

i like the look of MAC's but i dont think i would use one at home. maby at work/college

FUNNY VID ABOUT MAC'S

http://www.matt-prin...MAC VID/mac.wmv

:D

:lol: :lol: Hey thats me in that video :yes: :rolleyes: :woot: ;)
I#ve got the same damn problems like that guy!

#57 danilloOc

danilloOc

WinMatrixian

• 60 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:42 PM

Maybe as a second OS, maybe.

#58 Bourne

Bourne

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:28 PM

If I had the money, I'd buy both a new PC and Mac Mini :)

#59 (db)

(db)

Active WinMatrixian

• 255 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:23 PM

MAC RUUULLLLLEEZZZZZZ :woot:
but i have xp end I'm happy :D

#60 Dx™

Dx™

-Lonely.

• 151 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:39 PM

What is a Mac?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!