Photo
- - - - -

Will you buy Mac?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you buy Mac if you have money? (85 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you buy Mac if you have money?

1. Yes (67 votes [32.68%])

Percentage of vote: 32.68%

2. No (138 votes [67.32%])

Percentage of vote: 67.32%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#21 HingVista

HingVista

Super WinMatrixian

• News Poster
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:46 PM

I will buy a Mac, If I have money but I'll use Windows XP :D

#22 AppleXY

AppleXY

Apple - The only way to describe quality

• 763 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:51 AM

I totally love the MAC looks, desktops, visual style, nearly everything, except the price :lol:,..... if only mac had the capbitiltes that pc's hav

#23 FX Soldier

FX Soldier

FX

• 1,677 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 07:10 PM

Apple vs Windows, which 1 is better?
Read this topic :D

#24 Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Active WinMatrixian

• 544 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 08:55 PM

yes.............that's all I need to say....... :yes:

#25 ~{/^OoMoO^\}~

~{/^OoMoO^\}~

Active WinMatrixian

• 549 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:03 PM

Yes :woot: Yes :woot: Yes

#26 giuliame

giuliame

Using Powerbook night and day

• 626 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:59 PM

I think I'd like to have both! B)

Edited by giuliame, 14 July 2004 - 09:59 PM.

#27 Areus

Areus

Legacy User

• 1,283 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:03 PM

I've already got myself to used to the Windows platform..I think I will be sticking to it

Not only that, Longhorn seems to have lots of stuff that other OS's dont. That should seem to attract lots of people.

#28 Rolando

Rolando

Eliminate the hate...

• 76 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:41 AM

Most of you are discussing only the looks of mac and windows... mac has a gr8 display + excellent functionality... where as windows xp has childish colors and colorful icons so that it could be sold, where as in functionality terms you see you're resources being used massively. Microsoft's no1 purpose is to sell as many copies of windows as possible where as Apple tend to be a little pricy but they offer excellent quality (and designs). Now because many people have been realizing this, microsoft has been working on Windows Codename Longhorn. This will be the first windows OS that functions well, yet it's something that apple accomplished around 5 years ago. Mac is many steps ahead of windows... and I would definately buy it if I had the money

for reference:
- mac has only 1 mouse button... and the equivelant of a right click would be clicking ctrl+mouse click
- you can install a replica of xp on a mac (virtualpc) but you can't install a mac on your xp

#29 elositocandela

elositocandela

DJ AZTEC IN THE HOUSE

• 1,154 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:14 AM

Most of you are discussing only the looks of mac and windows... mac has a gr8 display + excellent functionality... where as windows xp has childish colors and colorful icons so that it could be sold, where as in functionality terms you see you're resources being used massively. Microsoft's no1 purpose is to sell as many copies of windows as possible where as Apple tend to be a little pricy but they offer excellent quality (and designs). Now because many people have been realizing this, microsoft has been working on Windows Codename Longhorn. This will be the first windows OS that functions well, yet it's something that apple accomplished around 5 years ago. Mac is many steps ahead of windows... and I would definately buy it if I had the money

for reference:
- mac has only 1 mouse button... and the equivelant of a right click would be clicking ctrl+mouse click
- you can install a replica of xp on a mac (virtualpc) but you can't install a mac on your xp

:blink: :no: :spam: jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajaja

#30 Fizical

Fizical

WinMatrixian

• 128 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:32 AM

just so you know with pear pc mac osx can be run on a pc but not at the speed that you can run xp on mac.

if mac was the same price as windows and a pc computer then i think you would find that the marker share of mac may increase as more people would be able to afford those machines and get them.. and as the user bass increases so to will software etc for it because companies will see a bigger market there with more users. this means more games for mac and more software etc. so if mac was at a more affordable price i would definately use it. as it is superior to xp in many ways (not all but many) and im not afraid of trying something new.. its boring to have the same thing all the time. hence why i also use linux :)

what i would like to se is an x86 port of mac osx, that would make me happy :) then i would be triple booting, linux, xp and os x for different needs, lol.

cheers
Fizical

#31 Screen Scratcher

Screen Scratcher

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,489 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:27 AM

elositocandela this is not the right manner :no:

#32 +mw.pmi

+mw.pmi

Masterworks®

• 763 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:35 AM

I'd buy one as a second OS unit. For the graphics support, and speed and delivery MAC's are famous for. :woot:

#33 Gunshell Guilt

Gunshell Guilt

Master Chief

• 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:26 AM

Fudge no.

#34 elositocandela

elositocandela

DJ AZTEC IN THE HOUSE

• 1,154 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 01:41 AM

macs fast please dont make me laugth they have does stupid computers over there at my school and there the new ones and there slower then the dell ones they have on the other room please and they crash to much apple s#%^$%^#@$%^

#35 garonshanks

garonshanks

Garon Shanks

• 504 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 03:00 AM

I'd buy one as a second OS unit. For the graphics support, and speed and delivery MAC's are famous for. :woot:

Actually I agree with him. You may like it or you may not, nontheless here is my reasons why.

:bulletgreen: The same stuff that Level1 said.
:bulletgreen: I want my visual style to actually be the real thing, and not some style that someone made up for Windows XP. I am not saying the visual styles aren't nice, but they just don't go with everything even though I use them myself.
:bulletgreen: The owner of the company isn't a dickhead like Gates is.

Once again as I stated before, you might agree with me, you might not. These are just my opinions.

#36 Power User Z

Power User Z

Z

• 1,595 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 12:13 AM

Yes I'll :yes:

#37 Meyvn

Meyvn

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:48 PM

....For those of you saying Mac only has one mouse button, taht's not entirely true. The DEFAULT Mac mouse made by Apple has one mouse button, and with it you have to do ctrl + click. But you can put almost ANY aftermarket (Mac or Windows made) mouse on Macs that DO have two buttons, and you usually don't even need a driver because of the way OS X is setup. You can go out and buy a Logitech 8-button mouse and use it on a Mac if you want. the only one button mouse is if you use the default.

#38 renohardcore

renohardcore

ieadm

• 505 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:20 PM

windows all the way. :D

#39 AppleXY

AppleXY

• 763 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:54 PM

I already own a beautiful 15" PowerBook SD with a gig of ram... all of yous can go stay in your contaminated windoze world :P (defence to mac users :D )

#40 AppleXY

AppleXY

• 763 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:56 PM

Level1 and `deeznutz` ROCK!!! :D

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!