Photo
- - - - -

MSN 9.5 Released!!!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:41 AM

Posted Image

Full Sized Picture

Posted Image

Full Sized Picture

I think this will be the death of MSN and the life of Windows Live Explorer. I can tell by the icon mix (which looks pretty ugly together unless you move them in the right places). I had the program mess up on me 3 times after installation, but everything is running smoothly now. Some icons have been changed and a new search has been added to the dashboard. Phishing, Microsoft Digital Image Standard 2006(Replacing Picture It!) and MSN Photo Explorer has been added to the browser. Some minor fixes as well. No tabs yet! I guess we have to wait until MSN... I mean Windows Live Explorer to see major changes. I recommend the upgrade to any MSN Premium user. It's a little better looking and faster with the Messenger built back in.

I expected more, but I guess I have to wait until the next major GM to be released.

Great job, MSN/Live!

I expect more with the next release.

ALSO, btw if your old msn links don't work. They are not out dated. MSN Sends as update to old Explorers and re-routes them to make you upgrade. Pretty sh*tty of the company.

I still think 8.0 was the best one for broadband users.

Click here to install :)

Edited by yanike, 27 December 2006 - 11:02 PM.

#2 LiLLTOtech

LiLLTOtech

Active WinMatrixian

• 973 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:53 PM

Wait, MSN Explorer still exists? :lol:

#3 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:28 PM

i expected more... the look is ugly 2 me... ill rather use firefox

#4 ProjectRAGE

ProjectRAGE

Doesn't sugar coat things.

• 188 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:41 PM

Its not free..blah, they can keep it.

#5 BLueSS

BLueSS

Yo

• 38 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:09 AM

Same Ugly Interface... ARGH

#6 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:37 AM

I like 8.0's look. I think Windows Live Explorer, if they release 10 by that name, would be great. With all the things live is offering, it'll make paying for Premium feel better. Beause little of the stuff you pay for on MSN, comes with the Premium package. I bet Microsoft is planning something big for 10. The Live icons are growing on me I must say. I wonder if version 10 will take the Windows Live Mail Desktop and Messenger look. That would be SWEET! Also, include a faster and better integration to Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail Desktop(Integrated into the Explorer), Windows Live Alerts, Live Product Upload, Windows Live OneCare, Windows Live OneCare Family Safety, Windows Live Gallery, Windows Live Writer, Windows Live Academic Search, Windows Live Product Search, Windows Live QnA, Microsoft Office Live and etc.. That would make paying for Premium better. We just have to wait and see what they do next. One thing I really want them to do is add tabs. They did everything I asked for in feedbacks but tabs.

Edited by yanike, 18 November 2006 - 01:48 AM.

#7 The Silent Warrior

The Silent Warrior

Got Orange Stars?

• 2,574 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:43 PM

I don't think much people would be using it.

#8 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:51 PM

eh 9.5? im sure i found 10. something somewhere :blink:

Edited by lareeth, 21 November 2006 - 05:52 PM.

#9 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:19 PM

I don't think much people would be using it.

After using it for abit. AOL's OpenRide is 10 times better. Plus! AOL's free so MSN can their keep product.
I take that back. MSN is way better

Edited by yanike, 27 November 2006 - 12:58 AM.

#10 cmkumar2k

cmkumar2k

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:12 AM

i don't think MSN messenger will exists for long time... it's already started taking its last breath as Windows Live Messenger got introduced....... ;)

#11 rayh003

rayh003

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:52 AM

i don't think MSN messenger will exists for long time... it's already started taking its last breath as Windows Live Messenger got introduced....... ;)

Not really...a lot and i mean a lot of people are still using messenger...and its live messenger too...well at least i know that it is in Toronto...im not sure of other places...

By the way...whats the theme on the second pic that was taken?? it looks interesting <_<

#12 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:01 AM

Not really...a lot and i mean a lot of people are still using messenger...and its live messenger too...well at least i know that it is in Toronto...im not sure of other places...

By the way...whats the theme on the second pic that was taken?? it looks interesting <_<

The new the fancy integrated mail design. The browser theme is still the same. I just set the icons to text only in the toolbar to get more screen space.

#13 Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis

Active WinMatrixian

• 890 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 03:35 AM

Exactly. Here in Toronto, every teenager has an MSN/Hotmail account they use to access MSN Messenger.

MSN 9.5 comes with my ISP (Bell Sympatico) for free, but I hardly use it. :P

#14 L2231m

L2231m

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:58 AM

i think microsoft bit too much lately. they tried too hard, what you guys reckon??

#15 PenaltyKillah

PenaltyKillah

Allergic to your bull.

• 604 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:52 AM

... omg... that's MSN Explorer? It still exists? Oh god... Aren't they gonna rebrand it to "Windows Live Explorer" or something?

#16 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:01 AM

... omg... that's MSN Explorer? It still exists? Oh god... Aren't they gonna rebrand it to "Windows Live Explorer" or something?

yeap. Recently talked to one of the techs. He said if they do continue to use it, which I hope they do, get ready for Live Explorer. He said since alot of browsers and having tabs for standard use, Live Explorer might have it as well. If it does, it'll definitely be the main browser on my pc. Which MSN already is :)

That would be so tight to have the Explorer with the Live Look.

#17 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:20 PM

to be frank, the internet explorer engine is fast. Internet explorer ....well, is slow.

I use netscape with the internet explorer engine (by default it's firefox's engine) and OMG you would'nt belive how fast it is!

#18 tonykid

tonykid

Im Mad About Computer Stuffs

• 29 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:24 PM

lol it looks good but i think 8 is better to use man.... :no:

#19 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:25 AM

i still hate it..

#20 ampl3

ampl3

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:58 AM

why do I want MSN explorer?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!