• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:01 PM

this wasn't a surprise to me....go on and read this post.

That's why I don't like vista. Microsoft never put in the transparent windows in any of thier longhorn builds. They showed it first in the longhorn PDC. All that animations were NOT fake. Microsoft created a new engine so that graphics could "happen" with the CPU barely noticing anything. That is the amout of exitement microsoft generated to promote longhorn. I tought finally windows had it's own taste like macintosh. But now vista is just something boring. Longhorn kicked even macintosh's @$$.

Like what thoosje said, vista is supposed 6 years worth's effort.

However, Longhorn was more of 6 year's effort. Not vista.

from http://www.winsupers...nghorn_4008.asp you can see all the longhorn exitement. also, read his "the long road to vista" article.

In 2005, it was ugly. Longhorn had become vista, and become ugly.

Between that long time, microsoft had reset the longhorn project. They stopped everything, and created all from scratch again. THAT'S WHY ALL THE LONGHORN FEATURES WERE GONE.

Edited by comedy_guy, 28 October 2006 - 04:16 PM.

#22 thoosje

thoosje

Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

• 574 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:35 PM

this wasn't a surprise to me....go on and read this post.

That's why I don't like vista. Microsoft never put in the transparent windows in any of thier longhorn builds. They showed it first in the longhorn PDC. All that animations were NOT fake. Microsoft created a new engine so that graphics could "happen" with the CPU barely noticing anything. That is the amout of exitement microsoft generated to promote longhorn. I tought finally windows had it's own taste like macintosh. But now vista is just something boring. Longhorn kicked even macintosh's @$$.

Like what thoosje said, vista is 6 years worth's effort.

Longhorn was more of 6 year's effort. Not vista.

from http://www.winsupers...llel_tjeerd.asp you can see all the longhorn exitement. also, read his "the long road to vista" article.

In 2005, it was ugly. Longhorn had become vista, and become ugly.

Between that long time, microsoft had reset the longhorn project. They stopped everything, and created all from scratch again. THAT'S WHY ALL THE LONGHORN FEATURES WERE GONE.

finaly people agree with me bout vista.
some people just dont have minds off there own they like vista so much that they even love its bugs

#23 sendo72

sendo72

Head of Porky Pig Fanclub

• 446 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:03 PM

I watched it over and over again..........amazing!!!
Now vista seems old and boring, and this old video a WONDER! I've fell in love with that welcome screen. It is so gorgeous!

Why not MS take the effort and make a special version of windows dedicated only for the high-end PCs which would have all these amazing features we've seen? Why?

#24 beautiful.blood

beautiful.blood

WinMatrixian

• 79 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:48 PM

I just had to watch it again Longhorn was going to be so amazing but it is no more

WHY MICROSOFT WHY?!

plus had a question:

in the beginning where they show the computer, ne one else think that maybe that could have been microsofts new computer, much like apple does now, or was just a nice thing someone probably did in 3DMax?

#25 Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis

Active WinMatrixian

• 890 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:34 PM

Nobody knows what happened to these features

Perhaps these features will be added in Windows Vienna which will be released in 2010 :lol:

I thought Windows Vista was going to be the last OS used for the computer?

#26 Seventh Surfer

Seventh Surfer

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,897 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:20 PM

I like everything except the bulky taskbar.

#27 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

So we won't have these cool features in Vista.. too bad :(

#28 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:49 PM

finaly people agree with me bout vista.
some people just dont have minds off there own they like vista so much that they even love its bugs

thoosje is my kind of guy ... :P

I shall answer the question: "Why the heck did microsoft remove all those cool features from longhorn?"

1. Microsoft tought that longhorn would not have made it, because back then in 2004, PC's were not as powerful as what they are today...the specs needed for longhorn were: a 4-6 GHz microprocessor, 2+ GB of RAM, 1+ TB of disk space, graphics processing chips three times as powerful as what was available in early 2004. (not affordable even today)

2. Because they said longhorn could not make it, they scrapped longhorn altogther (yes, all that you saw in that video) and restarted from scratch, which was practically vista...longhorn then became ugly.

3. Some longhorn screenshots: http://www.winsupers...orn_4051_01.asp, like I said, they never put in the transparent window UI in any of thier builds...they did'nt want ripping.
Note: The sidebar was actually useful...but microsoft scrapped that too because they struggled to define what it was actually for.

Longhorn could have gone for the gold, like what they did in windows 95, but they lost it, all.

>>What you guys saw in the video was what microsoft wanted AREO to be like, not like the one in vista.

Here's a video of the fantastic lonhorn desktop:http://www.winsupers...orn_desktop.wmv
another one: http://www.winsupers...ransparency.wmv
the beatiful sidebar at that time: http://www.winsupers...003_sidebar.wmv
Amazing start menu: http://www.winsupers...start_media.wmv

It's all longhorn, folks! :lol:

Edited by comedy_guy, 28 October 2006 - 04:17 PM.

#29 thoosje

thoosje

Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

• 574 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 06:48 PM

hmm those system reqeurements are real sick.
i hope vienna does better though.
next time i want to see the future not just a skin

and that beatiful sidebar ure talking about im giong to bring it back
im giong to make one for vista its giong to take months though but it wil be my first thing for vista . the vista sidebar we have now is just usseles and ugly.

Edited by thoosje, 28 October 2006 - 06:52 PM.

#30 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:18 PM

im giong to make one for vista its giong to take months though but it wil be my first thing for vista . the vista sidebar we have now is just usseles and ugly.

Strongly agree with everything you said and I cheer you on to make that beatiful yet useful sidebar found in longhorn for vista. :D (boy, that's a mouthful.)

you know whats proof that windows vista is no good? Is because people are saying "hopefully vienna would do better!"

Edited by comedy_guy, 29 October 2006 - 12:28 PM.

#31 thoosje

thoosje

Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

• 574 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:03 AM

Strongly agree with everything you said and I cheer you on to make that beatiful yet useful sidebar found in longhorn for vista. :D (boy, that's a mouthful.)

you know whats proof that windows vista is no good? Is because people are saying "hopefully vienna would do better!"

then we all agree.
ahha btw im already skinning vista im taking back some old stuff what looked better in the old day's

#32 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:51 AM

Awesome :)

#33 WhistAler

WhistAler

WhistA

• 1,866 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:42 PM

I found another cool Longhorn video.
Posted Image

#34 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:39 AM

I found another cool Longhorn video.
Posted Image

I saw that too before, all longhorn videos rock!

#35 punkrockerz

punkrockerz

-M-

• 486 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:12 AM

Hmm Ram Seems like a problem in the video with all those effects

I admit it looks cool but longhorn might be part of a future OS when ram is upgraded in PC's stock

#36 odd

odd

if only i had all orange stars

• 228 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

forget Vista im going for longhorn.does anyone have the skin for xp?

#37 odd

odd

if only i had all orange stars

• 228 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:37 PM

i found a longhorn skin i will test it in the future

http://www.softpedia...nsforming.shtml

Edited by odd, 06 January 2007 - 03:44 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!