Windows Vista Tips Tweaks and Hacks

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:37 PM

Wow... Microsoft will end up fixing this, unfortunately.

#22 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:12 PM

NEW UNPATCHED VERSION

Vista Oem Activation Tool Kit

What can you do with this kit?
1. Permanent Windows Vista Activation (Home, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate) without online activation.
Vista will be 100% genuine, all downloads will work.

2. Add the brand logo of your computer to the System Properties and Welcome Screen.

What do you get with this kit?
1. Oem Keys (for most major brands) 2. Oem Certifications (for Acer, Asus, Dell, Emachine, Getaway, HP, Lenovo, NEC and Sony)3. Oem Logos (for Abit, Acer, Asrock, Asus, BenQ, Dell, ECS, Futjitsu-Siemens, Gateway, Gigabyte, HP, IBM, Lenovo, MSI, NEC, Neo, Toshiba and Vaio)
4. Everest (to check if your bios does support SLA 2.0)
5. Bios emulator ( for those bios without SLA 2.0 support)
6. Clear and easy do understand install manual (with screen shots)

Does it emulate your bois?
No, however you can do, should you not be able to add the oem certs to your bios

What is Oem Activation?
If you download Windows Vista retail version DVD media image, or download pirate leaked RTM edition of Windows Vista, or have MSDN release, you will need to import and install Microsoft signed OEM certificate for corresponding OEM-made computer with BIOS that supports SLA 2.0 and build with SLIC ACPI table from Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, Sony or other manufacturers. OEM cert is a requirement for OEM style permanent Windows Vista activation, where users need not to activate online if they have the correct and valid OEM product key. If you download OEM version of Windows Vista DVD media, the digital certificate is already built-in into the distribution disc.

How to install the Oem Certifications?
You need to check if the BIOS contains SLIC (Software Licensing Description Table) and RSDT tables by using Everest which you will find in this kit. Run the Everest and look for an entry called ‘’SLIC’’and ‘’RSDT’’ in Motherboard>ACPI. (see screen shot)

If your BIOS if not currently supported, try to upgrade and flash the BIOS to latest version from motherboard manufacturer, should this not work, use the Bios Emulator (VistaActivator 2.1.2) from this Kit.

Vista OEM certificates for the folowing brands are included in this Kit: Acer, Asus, Dell, Emachine, Gateway, HP, Lenovo, NEC and Sony
Once you confirm that your motherboard and BIOS has SLIC table in ACPI and you have the OEM certification for your brand, you can proceed with one of the two following methods:

Method 1: OEM activation for during Vista installation:
1. Install any of the following Windows Vista edition:
Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate
2. During installation, enter the corresponding edition of OEM product key listed in this file (OemKeys.txt) in the folder Oem Keys of this Kit.
3. After installing Windows Vista, open an elevated command prompt with administrator rights and execute the following command to import the correct OEM cert:
slmgr.vbs -ilc oemcert.xrm-ms ‘’Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message.’’
For example, to import and install a Dell OEM cert for a Dell computer, execute (assuming the OEM cert is located at C: drive:
slmgr.vbs -ilc c:dell.xrm-ms

Windows Vista should be automatically and permanently activated.

Method 2: OEM activation Vista already installed:
1. Open an elevated command prompt with administrator rights and execute the following command to import the correct OEM cert:
slmgr.vbs -ilc oemcert.xrm-ms ‘’Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message. ‘’
For example, to import and install a Dell OEM cert for a Dell computer, execute (assuming the OEM cert is located at C: drive:
slmgr.vbs -ilc c:dell.xrm-ms

2.Now type "C:windowssystem32slmgr -ipk ". Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message.
3. Now type "C:windowssystem32slmgr -ato ‘’Wait until windows pops up with a conformation-message.’’
This will activate OEM version of Windows Vista (or Windows Vista as OEM edition) once the digital certificate is loaded.

Your are activated!

How to install Oem Logos?
Double click on the exe file of the brand you want to install, and confirm with yes at the next pop up window.

You are done!

How to install the bios emulator (only for those bios without the slic table support!!!)
1. Install Windows Vista WITHOUT a key (if already installed nevermind)
2. unpack the complete folder to a folder, say C:vistaloader_2.1.2
3. go to start > all programs > accessoires and rightclick "Command Prompt" > choose "run as administrator" type "C:vistaloader_2.1.2 install.cmd".
4. Now REBOOT!
5. go to start > all programs > accessoires and rightclick "Command Prompt" > choose "run as administrator" type: "C:windowssystem32slmgr -ilc c:vistaloader_2.1.2dataoemcert.xrm-ms". (oemcert= you have to choose by yourself which brand you want to use) Wait untill windows pops up with a conformation-message. Be sure to use an UNMODIFIED version of slmgr.
6. now type "C:windowssystem32slmgr -ipk ". Wait untill windows pops up with a conformation-message.
7. now type "C:windowssystem32slmgr -ato Wait untill windows pops up with a conformation-message.

DONE, you're activated!

Download:

http://rapidshare.co...5_Beta.rar.html

Mirrors:

http://www.megashare.com/134153

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RMFRERV0

http://www.pirateshare.net/?id=2000196

#23 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:24 PM

Endrit thx dude!

#24 dhoy005

dhoy005

Nurse

• 68 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

nice one endrit! :yes:

#25 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

:D

#26 VistaFreak NT

VistaFreak NT

Windows Freak... Time to change my name to FijiFreak NT!

• 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:39 AM

w000t! This thread might... MIGHT... just be taken over to joejoe.org, and aeroxp!

#27 nealloy

nealloy

Active WinMatrixian

• 492 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:55 AM

It's very complicated to me the whole process. could u plz describe me simply just how can i install windows vista ultimate in my Sony Vaio laptop with permanently activated. i have downloaded 'vista ultimate dell oem' torrent file. plz help me.

#28 VistaFreak NT

VistaFreak NT

• 69 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:25 AM

Then use the dell oem pack!

Oh yea! KOTOR 1 works on vista with DEP disabled for it. KOTOR 2 - trouble....

#29 David562

David562

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:15 AM

Where's Winflip 0.42...? IT'S BETTER THAN THAT FCKING RIPOFF TOPDESK!

#30 SharmanNet

SharmanNet

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,543 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:57 AM

Dowload WinFlip here. I don't know if it's better or not, but it's free!

#31 VistaFreak NT

VistaFreak NT

• 69 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:39 AM

any more updates? i'm still alive.....

#32 aburaminet

aburaminet

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

good thread
thank

#33 Foke

Foke

WinMatrixian

• 62 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

Just install Tuneup Utilities 2007 and customize Windows Vista as much as possible ;)

Yeah... I use TuneUp(2008) and it has a lot of features to increase performance and custumize your windows (XP, Vista).

#34 Seventh Surfer

Seventh Surfer

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,897 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:30 PM

For the all newbies who think TuneUp Utilities is the best:
Click here: WinBubble

#35 VistaFreak NT

VistaFreak NT

• 69 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

:ph34r: ;) B) :woot: <_< :blink: :huh: :yes: :unsure: :devil: :angry: :) mixed feelings for this customization war. Longhorn Fusion. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND. P.S. I will try to make a guide for paypal (75 bucks free per pc.)

#36 ForumUser

ForumUser

Active WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:35 PM

For the all newbies who think TuneUp Utilities is the best:
Click here: WinBubble

I hope Mr. Tuneup will not get angry with me. Although I never seen and used their software. Anyway, Please try both. :)

Edited by ForumUser, 04 July 2008 - 05:36 PM.

#37 mintywhite

mintywhite

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:41 AM

#38 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:48 PM

This is a very great thread (Y). Though im still confused about the "OEM activation" part (lol is it legal?) but no doubt very useful to most people. Anyhow Thx alot! Awesome! :D Edit: Recommended! (Y)

Edited by AMIRZ, 26 October 2008 - 02:05 PM.

#39 winnielaw88

winnielaw88

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:48 AM

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

#40 username666

username666

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:34 AM

Is there a new link for the kit? This one is dead.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!