• 2,758 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:09 PM

impossible simple as that

#22 sendo72

sendo72

Head of Porky Pig Fanclub

• 446 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:11 PM

we're still tlaking about a large amount of money, and as told, we're faaaar from that technologial level...

#23 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

when we talk about money weer talking about billions and billions and technology? nowhere near it maybe in like a thousand years when theres like flying cars :P

#24 pfaf

pfaf

Kickin' It Since 1986

• 314 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:32 PM

ok first off, you need a flux capacitor. Then grab a DeLorean.

"...When this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh!t."

#25 Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis

Active WinMatrixian

• 890 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:55 PM

How wouldt u feel if u are frozen for 400 years. All the people u know are death, your knowladge is outdated so everybody would think your stupid and u dont know how to use daily life items. U should be lucky if every1 still speaks your language. Well i dont know if its better to w8 for a cure and die lonley, or live my short sick live...

Hmm. Good thought about that.
This topic seems to remind me about the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey.

#26 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:03 PM

"...When this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh!t."

THAT SOUNDS FAMILIAR

Do you use the Imdb forums?

http://www.imdb.com/...755123#45755123

Edited by endrit10, 16 October 2006 - 09:17 PM.

#27 pfaf

pfaf

Kickin' It Since 1986

• 314 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

THAT SOUNDS FAMILIAR

Do you use the Imdb forums?

um, idk? no? lol

i kind of remembered the line but i wasnt sure so i googled it quick. :P

#28 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:27 PM

First i will start with some thoughts...
1.imagine this: a scientist is sitting in his computer. he designs his own site..he names it "time travel"....in his site he says that if someone in the future will make a time machine he should visit him(the scientist) in the past, at the exact time and date that he is designing the page...So ,assuming there are not parralel universes, when the scientist complete his page on the internet the time traveller should visit him...(it's just a funny thought)

and now some serious facts and thoughts....

1. let's say it's the year 2100 and scientists have completed the first time machine and it works...lets assume that they are "the good guys" and they want to make a change in the world..so they send a man in the past to kill, let's say Hitler...they send him right when Hitler is born(the "when" is not so crucial..but it must be a date before Hitler takes command of the German army...)...And the hitman kills Hitler....BUT!
if the hitman kills Hitler in the past then HItler would't do what he did and so in the future noone will really know him like we do...So killing Hitler just cancels the hitman's mission...He kills him in the past but in the future he would not take orders to come back and kill him so he want travel in the past to kill him...Hitler's death would triger an infinite circle of actions....Like in the movie...If the hero could save his wife then he wouldn't have the desire to make a time machine and so he would never came back to save her...that's why his girlfriend keeps getting killed..
This is a theory that is well known...Although to understand it you must assume that there are now parralel universes...
I believe time travel is possible but the fact is that we couldn't help anyone...we could only observe the past and record it for investigation in the future....
also i said that "if time travelling was a possibility then someone would have come from the future and tell us.." but i now know it's not so simple cause if he came and told the world that a time machine will be invented then his statement could
mess the pyisical timeline...

Edited by endrit10, 16 October 2006 - 09:28 PM.

#29 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

I've CRACKED IT !!

Time Travel backwards is IMPOSSIBLE!

Lets say that one day there is a cure for cancer and at this day there is also time travelling technology. A man travels back in time and Stops cancer from ever existing (how he does this i dont know but lets say he does) this stops his grandfather from dieing from brain cancer.

BUT THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE, becuase if time travel was possible cancer wouldnt have existed BEFORE the man travelled baack and killed cancer.

Becuause he would have done it DURING meaning that the whole time is set out. If travel back and killed your grandad that would mean you were never born so it means you would have have time travlled and killed him so you are born and you invent the time machine and kill him and on and on and on.

Anyone see where im going?

#30 Caleb

Caleb

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,672 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:53 PM

You can't kill cancer, lol. Well, you could, but you would have to induce apoptosis on the cells. But that is what we are trying to figure out. Off topic, my bad.

Synopsis: Time travel = not in our time. :)

#31 -pepo

-pepo

Viva el fùtbol...!

• 440 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:14 PM

It really helps to proofread guys, especially on an already confusing subject. :yes:

It's simple, there are two theories:
One where going back in time you can change the future.
And two, going back in time won't change shit, 'couse it will prevent you from changing anything.

Choose one you relate to the most, there isn't anything else to think about, 'couse you're overthinking it.

#32 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:22 PM

Fly around the world backwards at mac 3... ur going back in time ;)

#33 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

LinMatrix Founder

• 893 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:49 PM

If it is possible to change the past, there are chances of an eternal death, which results in parallel universes, so everything doesn't go wacko. SO..if someone invented a time machine to go back to the past, in one universe you will be screwed up, and in the other you will resume your daily life. SO.. it is possible we are already in the future, but because of a parallel-sequence, we are set back. It's another one of my crazy theories.

#34 Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis

Active WinMatrixian

• 890 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:14 AM

This topic also reminds me of the Tenth Dimension.

http://www.tenthdimension.com/

A really interesting site, and a glance at someone's interpretation of a new dimension.

#35 -pepo

-pepo

Viva el fùtbol...!

• 440 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:42 AM

^ That's weired! O_o

#36 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:43 AM

Choice donest exist, i alsways believed its just an illusion that we are in control

i think it is fate

#37 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:14 PM

hElo000

#38 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

how are we not in control? i choose which way i walk down the street, and i choose what i want to drink, and i choose if i want to stick my arm out or not. nothing is fate.

#39 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:47 PM

Thats the whole point

Its an illusion, you were born to do that, its all been set out. I THINK.

#40 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

ok as far as im concerned fate is not real... i choose who i get laid with i choose where i go the only thing that i believe that can change is God.... and back 2 subject time machines is just umbalivebly hard 2 impossible and no one has absolute no clue about and the laws on our earth won't allow it 2 happen...

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!