• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:49 PM

Hey, just watched The Time Machine (2002) and it got me thinking, is time travle possible?

This is my idea of it all.

Travelling to the FUTURE - yes its possible.

Say one day scientists invent a safe way to geneticly freeze people without them ageing (INVINCIBLITY)
They freeze a man lets call him "Bob" he has been frozen for 400 years because he a disease they could not cure so they freeze him to the future to find the cure. He wakes up to what seemed like minutes to him but in reality would be 400 years. Wouldn't this be a way of time travelling?

Travelling to the PAST - no its impossible

If time travelling to the past was to be possbile wouldnt that mean we would know about it.
Like say for example 9/11 a guy travelled back in time to stop it from happeing, wouldnt that happen?

Or in history, wouldnt say historic books say that there were strange people wearing strange cloths flying in a metal tin. Or wouldnt we have lets say Lt Bob Bobbing come back just to say hi to his grandad?

Anyway thats what i think, what do you think?

#2 thoosje

thoosje

Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

• 574 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 03:15 PM

Haha i wish time traval was posseble i got lots of tings to setle in the past :(
and wel in the feature im happy here but i would not mind being immortal im not a fan of grim reaper :lol:

#3 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:07 PM

All theorys of time travel involve light, and going at the speed of it, and this is practicly impossible. The faster you get to the speed of light, the heavyer you get and the slower time goes, you will find it impossible to move your arm so there is no way to control what ever is taking you 2 that speed.

if you think about it we could see back in time, as light hits the earth, it then bounces off the surface and goes back out to space, as long as it doesn't hit anything else in space, we could catch up to it (somehow ) and then let the light hit our eyes, and we would see the last thing it touched, but of course the further you go the less energy the beam of light has and the more faded the image will be.

Freezing someone is not time trazel. as they don't actually travel in the 4th dimension, they are just laying there in a freezer.

#4 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:10 PM

If have that great force making u heavier (from the outside i suppose) all you need is a force push back

#5 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:14 PM

If have that great force making u heavier (from the outside i suppose) all you need is a force push back

ok you don't understand, the laws we have on earth, are thrown out of the window when your traveling at the speed of light, you can't make a force that will push back!!

#6 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:51 PM

Yes you can, nuclear power or say the power you use to go at the speed of light, use it to push back.

Light still has laws, like it cant escape a black hole.

A black hole is an object predicted by general relativity with a gravitational field so strong that nothing can escape it — not even light.

A black hole is defined to be a region of space-time where escape to the outside universe is impossible. The boundary of this region is a surface called the event horizon. This surface is not a physically tangible one, but merely a figurative concept of an imaginary boundary. Nothing can move from inside the event horizon to the outside, even briefly.

The existence of black holes in the universe is well supported by astronomical observation, particularly from studying X-ray emission from X-ray binaries and active galactic nuclei. It has also been hypothesized that black holes radiate energy due to quantum mechanical effects known as Hawking radiation.

^ thank you wiki

#7 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:09 PM

ok why are you goin on about black holes?

i was talking about newtons first second and third laws, which has nothing to do with black holes or space. do you even know what light is?

so your going to use nuclear power to go at the speed of light haha good luck!

Edited by Gaz545, 15 October 2006 - 06:10 PM.

#8 CI-Hoshi

CI-Hoshi

C I - H O S H I

• 241 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

You can use plasma energy to get to the speed of light...

#9 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:15 PM

No you can't it's not possible, the faster you go, the heavier you get, the more energy you need to go faster, you would need a helll of alot of energy to get to that speed. if it's possibly how come no one has gone anywhere near this fast?

#10 hugo

hugo

Proud to be Dutch!

• 468 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

How wouldt u feel if u are frozen for 400 years. All the people u know are death, your knowladge is outdated so everybody would think your stupid and u dont know how to use daily life items. U should be lucky if every1 still speaks your language. Well i dont know if its better to w8 for a cure and die lonley, or live my short sick live...

#11 QuashPhillips

QuashPhillips

WinMatrixian

• 173 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:26 PM

The problem with time travel is that not only do you get heavier and time moving slower as one poster put....the amount of space that you can occupy begins to shrink also. Thus in order to move fast you must shink to the size of a light particle or smaller....this is impossible.

however, some physicists believe that the way around this is a worm hole. The original poster mentions a black hole, where the gravitation force is so strong even light cannot escape, which beckons the question of where does it go?? Matter can neither be created nor destroyed. we all know this

So where does the light go? To the past to the future, does it teleport? Shit, we didnt get that far in college physics, I coulda been a freak and majored in physics,

There should be at least some comp sci/ physics majors here who could help explain

Edited by QuashPhillips, 15 October 2006 - 10:27 PM.

#12 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:52 PM

no one knows what happens in a black hole, theres a few theorys but of course we can't say which one is true.

#13 Caleb

Caleb

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,672 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:39 AM

Er, where is this going?

#14 zahmad

zahmad

zahmad

• 383 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:40 AM

:lol: No Comment .....

#15 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

LinMatrix Founder

• 893 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:58 AM

OK smart ones I want to clear a few things up.

1) You can't go in a black hole.

2) Freezing yourself longer than a period of 20 years will result in abnormal activities or death. (When you [if you] live for "400 years", frozen, you will start doing crazy mental stuff and/or die.

3) (Theoretical) This is what I think: living past the normal health rate is "unnatural" and will result in automated death, or death of an unknown cause. IF (mind the IF) you do surivive however, this could result in an evolution of the human race, and in the future everyone could possibly live to 100+. I personally think this phenomenon will occur someday. I have lots of theories for thingies but I'm reallly sleepy so bye cya. :P

#16 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:09 AM

Or in history, wouldnt say historic books say that there were strange people wearing strange cloths flying in a metal tin. Or wouldnt we have lets say Lt Bob Bobbing come back just to say hi to his grandad?

Many people confirm that they have seen the aliens and UFOs and those all from different countries describe the aliens in the same manner. May be those aliens are human beings of the future who time travelled to the past.

We don't find such things to read in our history books because whenever someone time traveles to past and changes somethings, we enter in a parallel universe, where in the one of the paraller universe the changed position continues and in the other parallel universe nothing gets changed, as happened in the best time travel movie Back to the Future Part 2 :D

If anyone has gone through the Einstein String Theory, he must know about the parallel universe.

#17 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:05 AM

^ Oh yeah i remember, if someone where to visit the dinosaurs and killed a certain repices or medaled with the earth the whole world would change as evollution would change.

#18 sendo72

sendo72

Head of Porky Pig Fanclub

• 446 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:43 PM

Many people confirm that they have seen the aliens and UFOs and those all from different countries describe the aliens in the same manner. May be those aliens are human beings of the future who time travelled to the past.

We don't find such things to read in our history books because whenever someone time traveles to past and changes somethings, we enter in a parallel universe, where in the one of the paraller universe the changed position continues and in the other parallel universe nothing gets changed, as happened in the best time travel movie Back to the Future Part 2 :D

If anyone has gone through the Einstein String Theory, he must know about the parallel universe.

I don't think we would get to that....my main reason to say that is that we will mess this whole planet up much quicker then to achieve such a level in science.

I've heared about some theories questioning Einstein's statements but none of them was demonstrated yet.

But I don' think we would get to time travelling soon, while there's not even a bit of hope to travel further than the Mars in the next 60 years.

Furthermore it's barely possible to keep "Timetraveller Tony"'s body frozen 400 years. In 400 years many things can happen such as wars, floods, natural disasters, and don't mention that a single little mistake can cause a change in the body temperature, humidity, etc. which can destroy Tony's chances to ever wake up.

In fact even if we could build this system which could isolate a body in perfect condition, huge, and I mean HUGE funds must be raised, not just the building, but the maintaining of the whole machinery, and can you imagine a society or corporation which will assure the money for 400(!) years?

Edited by sendo72, 16 October 2006 - 02:46 PM.

#19 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

LinMatrix Founder

• 893 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:56 PM

^ Thank you sendo you're absolutely correct.

#20 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:07 PM

It was an example !!!!

Say 10 years then

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!