Photo
- - - - -

How would you obtain Windows Vista?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: How would you obtain Windows Vista? (91 member(s) have cast votes)

I'm going to..

1. Buy a fresh copy of Vista (69 votes [30.80%])

Percentage of vote: 30.80%

2. Vista pre-installed PC/Notebook (68 votes [30.36%])

Percentage of vote: 30.36%

3. Upgrade from Windows XP (46 votes [20.54%])

Percentage of vote: 20.54%

4. Illegally (38 votes [16.96%])

Percentage of vote: 16.96%

5. Never (3 votes [1.34%])

Percentage of vote: 1.34%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#41 shanecooper12

shanecooper12

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:32 PM

I already have my Pre-order copy booked for dispatch as i build all my own systems and cant rely on pre-installed computers it seems when i buy pre-installed i have nothing but trouble. And when i build them myself then i know whats going into my pc and whats what, the bundled software on a new pc it way too much these days why cant you buy a pc with JUST the O/S installed and thats it we should have a choice and thats why i'm buying my own LEGIT COPY £325 here in england

#42 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:58 PM

ultimate john lol years? 2 days and its been cracked mate

#43 orcus

orcus

Active WinMatrixian

• 714 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:40 PM

It sucks all this cracks just make the software companies to try to create more protection for their files consequently reducing loading time and requiring to run the software on a monster computer.What will happen when MS start implementing their software watermarking algorithms hummm .........

#44 LiLLTOtech

LiLLTOtech

Active WinMatrixian

• 973 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:24 PM

Any news about Vista Notebooks?

#45 butch123

butch123

Active WinMatrixian

• 895 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:22 PM

Well I have had this current computer for about a year and a half and after windows vista will be released in January I will be looking into buying a new windows media center computer therefore I will have vista Ultimate and thats what is required to run Media Center Edition PC's, as Windows XP Pro was required to run them previously....

#46 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:07 AM

I heard that anything that has the "Designed for windows XP" logo can run vista....

However, I don't think it would be a fast vista.

And I agree half with pfaf, i'm quite tired of vista's stuff....however, I still like vista.

#47 Mista Hardkill

Mista Hardkill

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:05 PM

Im getting a crack for it, why would you pay good money when u can just download it in a few hours?

Are you really going to do that? Aren’t you afraid of Microsoft catching you?

Best wishes,
Kimmy

Think about this. If Microsoft COULD do anything about it, don't you think we would've seen some action a long time ago with the pirating of Windows XP?

If microsoft could do anything, they would have killed BT by now (Bit Torrent). Its file sharing! TECHNICALLY, as long as the person who gave it to you didn't charge you for it, its "legal" lol. They won't go after you if your some 12 year old with his own PC in his parents basement, they'll go after the business that pirated it.

I have a legit copy of WinXP Media Center Edition 2005, that came with my AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core (cheap pop lol), Vista READY! PC.

I for one will download it, via the best network (no names being mentioned ^^^), and use it, and I will crack it myself, using my schools network of computers, which will be upgrading to Vista. (any experienced crackers/hackers will know what I am implying). lol

Notice I carefully chose my words.

KASTANGGG!!!

Edited by Mista Hardkill, 19 November 2006 - 10:07 PM.

#48 Shinde

Shinde

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,521 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:05 PM

A branded PC with Vista! I guess I'll wait for the price drop.

#49 crobo

crobo

WinMatrixian

• 86 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:01 PM

i would like to buy it, but its just tooooooo expensive, i dont have the money for it, so i go for the illigal way

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!