Apple to use AMD

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 thoosje

thoosje

Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

• 574 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:37 AM

you should know that Apple has it's own type of "virus", called a Ghost, which screws your system files and stops apps from working.

There are actually 3 'viruses' for mac's but they only targed PPC chip mac's and are pretty much dead. the ghost 'virus' is covered by the built in firewall in the OS. So either your teacher is very stupid by not keeping the software upto date, or your just telling porky's :P

yea with windows the most easy scripts is a virus
even an 10 year old kid can make a virus for windows.
but i bet there more viruses for mac then 3

#22 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:58 AM

yea with windows the most easy scripts is a virus
even an 10 year old kid can make a virus for windows.
but i bet there more viruses for mac then 3

not at this present time.

I'm not saying that OS X is perfect, far from it, all i'm saying is nobody has exploited a flaw in the base Mac OS X installation.

Edited by Gaz545, 24 September 2006 - 01:58 AM.

#23 912

Je ● aye ● Se

• 59 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:17 AM

Yes!!!, about time to.. im sick of having an AMD Machine and i can install one of the best OS to be ever made.

this is a great move by apple :)

#24 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

LinMatrix Founder

• 893 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:19 AM

My teacher is not a liar, and nor am I. And no, she has a black MacBook, which I believe is Intel.

If you want to criticize me, Windows, or anything else, go ahead. :)

#25 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:15 PM

My teacher is not a liar, and nor am I. And no, she has a black MacBook, which I believe is Intel.

have you got any information about this ghost 'virus'? the only one i know of targets iChat messages. i seriously can't find anything about it, so untill i see some sort of proof of it's exsitance then how can i believe it's true.

#26 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

LinMatrix Founder

• 893 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:39 AM

have you got any information about this ghost 'virus'? the only one i know of targets iChat messages. i seriously can't find anything about it, so untill i see some sort of proof of it's exsitance then how can i believe it's true.

Oh I thought I replied to this hehe.

Anyway, I did some research and discovered Mac's have tons and tons of spyware, adware, and viruses, which are hybrid, Windows and OS X capable. Even the guys at Apple said there are viruses, so don't go Mac-KS on me. Also I feel sorry for all the sad people who defend something they have no relationship to but just use..

I mean, software is virtual. There is no "One Platform to Rule Them All", which has God's powers and can't get anything wrong with it. Your computer is an electronic, man, not enrichment from heaven.

I hope this post clears up the stupidity of what people do... :rolleyes:

#27 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:19 AM

aww c'mon....both mac and windows is good. The only reason people don't use a mac is because it can't do the variety of stuff windows can. Also, for some people, the tansition from windows to mac is too much...

#28 gaz-545

gaz-545

Active WinMatrixian

• 450 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:39 PM

Oh I thought I replied to this hehe.

Anyway, I did some research and discovered Mac's have tons and tons of spyware, adware, and viruses, which are hybrid, Windows and OS X capable. Even the guys at Apple said there are viruses, so don't go Mac-KS on me. Also I feel sorry for all the sad people who defend something they have no relationship to but just use..

I mean, software is virtual. There is no "One Platform to Rule Them All", which has God's powers and can't get anything wrong with it. Your computer is an electronic, man, not enrichment from heaven.

I hope this post clears up the stupidity of what people do... :rolleyes:

i know, theres like 58 or something like that, but they target software like excell, and are the macros in them, so there not that dangerous, who would infect there mac with a microsoft product anyway.

the reason there arn't any mager hitting virus's for mac, is because to install some software, you have to put the admin password in, unlike on windows.

sorry for my spelling, i'm still drunk from last night!

Edited by Gaz545, 11 October 2006 - 01:40 PM.

#29 endrit10

endrit10

N9 Shanktown

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:57 PM

Best not be getting involved in this :) :D

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!