Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Apple to use AMD


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

    LinMatrix Founder

  • Member
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 03:48 AM

Apple computers are very soon going to use AMD processors. I have an Intel on both my Mac and PC, but all the sites say AMD is a lot faster (except, of course, for decoding.. Intel kills there.)

Since AMD bought ATI, and Intel's adverts lead to saying "PCs suck, get a Mac", will this strengthen the war versus the Mac and PC? Will Apple be in favor of NVidia and Intel? Will AMD rule the world in Intel's place?

Lets take a look at the scoreboard:

PC- Windows, Linux
AMD processors, ATI graphics

Mac- Mac OS X, Linux (some)
Intel processors, NVidia graphics

Source: MacNN

#2 zahmad

zahmad

    zahmad

  • Member
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:42 AM

No, why AMD why?..........Please don't go to a mac :(

#3 thoosje

thoosje

    Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

  • Member
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:20 AM

No, why AMD why?..........Please don't go to a mac :(


let them have AMD only 2% of the whole world's computers use mac os x
its pathetic enough

#4 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

    WinMatrix Addict

  • News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:32 AM

I think it's a good move.

#5 gaz-545

gaz-545

    Active WinMatrixian

  • Member
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

They won't go to AMD, they just went to intel, whats the point? no one will buy a mac just because they went to AMD!

let them have AMD only 2% of the whole world's computers use mac os x
its pathetic enough

got a source on that bull****?

apple has nearly 5% market share of all computers sold. so i don't see how only 2 % of that 5% use mac os x

#6 thoosje

thoosje

    Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

  • Member
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:45 PM

They won't go to AMD, they just went to intel, whats the point? no one will buy a mac just because they went to AMD!


let them have AMD only 2% of the whole world's computers use mac os x
its pathetic enough

got a source on that bull****?

apple has nearly 5% market share of all computers sold. so i don't see how only 2 % of that 5% use mac os x


5% wow thats realy much what the hell i care if its 2% or 5% it both sucks man

#7 gaz-545

gaz-545

    Active WinMatrixian

  • Member
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:55 PM

thats 5% for apple, as a computer systems, so the other 95% isn't microsoft, as they don't sell computers, it's pretty good compared to the tought market they are in. it was only 3% a few months back, but with the release of the intel based mac's it has increased greatly. and that is an extreamly good feet for what they do and don't do comapred to microsoft.

#8 thoosje

thoosje

    Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

  • Member
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:06 PM

thats 5% for apple, as a computer systems, so the other 95% isn't microsoft, as they don't sell computers, it's pretty good compared to the tought market they are in. it was only 3% a few months back, but with the release of the intel based mac's it has increased greatly. and that is an extreamly good feet for what they do and don't do comapred to microsoft.


mac killed my inner child
but windows sucks to big time and vista wont be much better
after 6 years of progress they come with vista or should i say a nice skin
thats all it is nothing more.mac has cool things like the ichat in leopard
or time machine those things are to awesome.

#9 zahmad

zahmad

    zahmad

  • Member
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:36 PM

Lets calm down a bit now :D!

#10 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

    LinMatrix Founder

  • Member
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:54 PM

thats 5% for apple, as a computer systems, so the other 95% isn't microsoft, as they don't sell computers, it's pretty good compared to the tought market they are in. it was only 3% a few months back, but with the release of the intel based mac's it has increased greatly. and that is an extreamly good feet for what they do and don't do comapred to microsoft.


:D I see your point but you're forgetting the other 94 percent use Windows, made by Microsoft.

Oh yeah the other 1 percent uses linux (and its gaining!).

#11 gaz-545

gaz-545

    Active WinMatrixian

  • Member
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:31 AM


thats 5% for apple, as a computer systems, so the other 95% isn't microsoft, as they don't sell computers, it's pretty good compared to the tought market they are in. it was only 3% a few months back, but with the release of the intel based mac's it has increased greatly. and that is an extreamly good feet for what they do and don't do comapred to microsoft.


:D I see your point but you're forgetting the other 94 percent use Windows, made by Microsoft.

Oh yeah the other 1 percent uses linux (and its gaining!).

and about 75% of that 94% use windows becuase thats all they know. when you go into PC world, and buy a computer. BAM there's windows, crap what other choices have i got, eeeeeer none, and i'm not saying that they should have OS X, thats just silly, but what about the other OS's? that can run on the same hardware that windows does? there are at least a few others.

and you see the thing is, windows is advertised to be the bigners choice, at least where i am it is, and you need to know what your doing to use it. you need anti-virus, and a firewall, and what knot to use it saftley. so it's not that new user friendly.

#12 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

    LinMatrix Founder

  • Member
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:43 AM



thats 5% for apple, as a computer systems, so the other 95% isn't microsoft, as they don't sell computers, it's pretty good compared to the tought market they are in. it was only 3% a few months back, but with the release of the intel based mac's it has increased greatly. and that is an extreamly good feet for what they do and don't do comapred to microsoft.


:D I see your point but you're forgetting the other 94 percent use Windows, made by Microsoft.

Oh yeah the other 1 percent uses linux (and its gaining!).

and about 75% of that 94% use windows becuase thats all they know. when you go into PC world, and buy a computer. BAM there's windows, crap what other choices have i got, eeeeeer none, and i'm not saying that they should have OS X, thats just silly, but what about the other OS's? that can run on the same hardware that windows does? there are at least a few others.

and you see the thing is, windows is advertised to be the bigners choice, at least where i am it is, and you need to know what your doing to use it. you need anti-virus, and a firewall, and what knot to use it saftley. so it's not that new user friendly.


Hehe if you want to get technical then you have to consider the fact that Windows is based on a registry/dll system, which has been around since *insert picture of Big Bang*.

And no, 75% of the people do know the difference between OS X and Windows.. If you bought a new PC, if ever, you will always get an antivirus, antispyware, and firewall. Also, you should know that Apple has it's own type of "virus", called a Ghost, which screws your system files and stops apps from working.

One last thing: Please, please, all of you stop with the stupid Mac vs PC/ Windows vs OS X thing! If you like the Mac, get a Mac. If you like a PC/Windows/Linux, get a PC. And does it matter if you could run Windows on a Mac? So all shut up about these things.

#13 gaz-545

gaz-545

    Active WinMatrixian

  • Member
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:18 AM

ok you don't understand what i'm saying, and so many people don't see what microsoft are actually doing.

Alright so you go into PC World, and you start looking at the computers, and you notice, they all have Microsoft Windows as an OS, and there is nothing for Linux, nothing even suggesting there is a different choice, your computer comes pre-loaded with windows, you don't have a choice, and then your forced to install all this crap so you can use it saftly :P just a swiz in my mind (one of the reasons i went to mac)

oh and that 1 mac virus, haha which is pretty much dead. and thats compared to the 144,000 or so Windows Virus's (and that number is ever growing)

i'm not one of these switch to mac guys people, if i come across that way then soooooooorry. just educating you so some of you don't chat so much b.s. (not directed at anyone)

#14 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

    LinMatrix Founder

  • Member
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:05 PM

If there weren't viruses it wouldn't be Windows :)

Which is why you get those programs to stop them. And the ghost is still roaming, I know because the only reason I knew that there was such a thing as a "Ghost" is because my science teacher got one and screwed up my class's gradesheets. It's gone now because she reinstalled OS X. :D

Everyone has an A for now lol.

P.S: The only time I ever got a virus/spyware was when I was stupid enough to download "warez" on my desktop 3 years ago.

Edited by WinMatrics, 23 September 2006 - 05:08 PM.


#15 thoosje

thoosje

    Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

  • Member
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

If there weren't viruses it wouldn't be Windows :)

Which is why you get those programs to stop them. And the ghost is still roaming, I know because the only reason I knew that there was such a thing as a "Ghost" is because my science teacher got one and screwed up my class's gradesheets. It's gone now because she reinstalled OS X. :D

Everyone has an A for now lol.

P.S: The only time I ever got a virus/spyware was when I was stupid enough to download "warez" on my desktop 3 years ago.


warez lol funny word lol i once made a keygen ;) for ............. myself :lol:

#16 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

    LinMatrix Founder

  • Member
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:08 PM

Lol thoosje... :devil:

#17 thoosje

thoosje

    Lolz Wooot!! 5 Stars

  • Member
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:17 PM

Lol thoosje... :devil:


hahah yea lol what i care im proud at my creations no mather how evil they are
lol i got a darkside to :devil: but that darkside istn called thoosje :D
so everything released under the name thoosje is not evil lol.

#18 Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis

    Active WinMatrixian

  • Member
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:02 PM

AMD on a Mac? Hmm that's interesting. It's ture that they just moved to Intel, but it's too quick to move to AMD. Mac users who just bought Intel Macs will be pissed off.

But AMD in my opinion, is faster than Intel.

#19 WinMatrics

WinMatrics

    LinMatrix Founder

  • Member
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:08 PM

AMD on a Mac? Hmm that's interesting. It's ture that they just moved to Intel, but it's too quick to move to AMD. Mac users who just bought Intel Macs will be pissed off.

But AMD in my opinion, is faster than Intel.


Not opinion, AMD is faster than Intel. It's a fact. Too bad both my computers are Intel :(
But when the Quad Core AMD Processor comes out I'm getting either an Alienware or a Dell.

#20 gaz-545

gaz-545

    Active WinMatrixian

  • Member
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

you should know that Apple has it's own type of "virus", called a Ghost, which screws your system files and stops apps from working.


There are actually 3 'viruses' for mac's but they only targed PPC chip mac's and are pretty much dead. the ghost 'virus' is covered by the built in firewall in the OS. So either your teacher is very stupid by not keeping the software upto date, or your just telling porky's :P

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!